EU referendum result

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 24 Jun 2016.

1. Tanzeylee

Tanzeylee

Tho where your argument falls down is that all our politicians are self serving ****s but all EU politicians are paragons of virtue, or so I'm led to believe by the remoaners

2. blueinsa

blueinsa

Rag Hunter!
    Mark Carney now saying brexit will worry the EU and their economies far more than our own.

Project fear gets more and more like a Disney film by the day lol.

3. TCIB

TCIB

Sicario
    Another example is the city of london police choosing microsofts new dc in England to do all their data archiving on the azure platform. Body cam footage etc all will go to them, this is a contract MS were proud to announce. That all goes to say that microsoft also are not concerned either, nor should they be when they see what UK customers are worth to them.

4. smudgedj

smudgedj

Well that sort of stuff is OK but you really need to see the bigger Brexit picture; stuff like fewer Eastern European rent boys to visit in London after we Brexit. Important stuff for our MP's

5. TCIB

TCIB

Sicario
    Haha how will they get their slap and tickle fix eh you are right.

6. kevin horlocks wand

kevin horlocks wand

Yep and all the retail data released today clearly impacted by the Brexit vote. This tsunami of doom keeps getting worse and worse. :)

7. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

You're like a frog in slowly heating water.

8. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Indolence
    There's certainly scope for the remainers to admit they got it wrong. I admit I got it wrong in predicting imminent doom.

But that said, I think it would be unwise for brexiters to be too triumphalist just yet. One of the reasons the remainers got it wrong was that their predictions of immediate doom were in large part predicated upon us triggering Article 50 within days of the referendum, and since that didn't happen, much of the fall out from the referendum has obviously been put on hold.

As it stands, my expectation is now that OK, it looks like things MAY not pan out to be as bad as we feared, but we don't really know yet. Once the process gets underway properly, and we see whether indeed big companies like Honda (to name but one) do decide to decamp, or not; and whether we are going to get tariff-free access to the single market, or not. Only when these things become more clear, will we be able to see what happens to the economy.

Last edited: 12 Jan 2017
  9. Vic

Vic

I'm not how sure it's related to the Brexit vote. Unless it's down to Brexiters believing that all will be well and going on a "debt binge" (Daily Mail). http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-38370219

10. kevin horlocks wand

kevin horlocks wand

I guess it shows people don't buy project fear and are continuing to spend despite the vote.

I agree with you though the debt binge is definitely more of a worry for our economy than Brexit. Have we learned any lessons since 2008. The answer looks like no. But I guess if you have a consumer led economy you don't want them to stop spending.