EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do migrants get to cast a vote? if so the result will be heavily skewered as they will obviously vote IN.. need to let the people born n bred in the UK make this call on our borders.

Honey moon isn't until June as I married a teacher.

And I'm obsessed? Fancy a wager on highest post count in this thread, I reckon you've posted 2:1 the amount I have.

Also, how is it stalking when we are both replying on this thread. If you wish for me to not reply, don't post in it, I'm unlikely to chase you into muffin/barm. However, if you wish to post things such as "the EU opened the UK's eyes to the world", then you'll get laughed at. At one stage 1/4 of the world was British.

most of your posts are Ealing related not Europe related on this thread of late so not sure you got my point but not to worry . I am sure it is at least 2:1 . But Not sure what relevance where I live is anymore than where you live.

Fair point on the world comment I should've said Europe .

Apologies thought you had just honeymooned '- at least the holiday is still to come

Last edited:
Do migrants get to cast a vote? if so the result will be heavily skewered as they will obviously vote IN.. need to let the people born n bred in the UK make this call on our borders.
A lot of people born and bred in the UK will vote from overseas. I don't know the specifics but in European elections all EU citizens in the UK can. Ore but in general elections they can't only commonwealth citizens can - or that always used to be the rule. Would have thought a referendum is based on general election ???

But we are told the EU is an economic powerhouse and little Britain won't be able to go it alone. So how would the UK leaving ruin the EU and wider world?

It's nonsense.

Unless you're saying we should permanently attach ourselves to such an unstable entity.

Which would seem odd.

You can't it both ways. Even if you're an open minded undecided voter /sarcasm

First off, I dont actually believe the EU is that unstable, there is a lot of growth in the EU. there is no doubt it had some major issues ( Greece for example )in the last recession which show it has a way to go before its recession "proof" in the sense that one country shouldn't be able to take it down. the last recession showed that it could happen. that will sort its self out over time.

Britain can go it alone, the question is will we be better or worse off if we do. personally I believe short/mid term we will be far worse off, Long term we may balance out OK.

the fact is, we are the 2nd largest economy in the EU, us exiting will cause the EU/Euro to tumble, that in turn will knock the dollar, so on and so on. There is no question that us exiting will cause major market uncertainty and problems

You are right lots of historical facts out there, not 30 years but centuries and those facts all clearly show that what the EU aspires to and does not work. Infact it usually leads to chaos and carnage.

History shows in some cases like the USA or even the unions that formed many nations it works in others like the USSR it doesn't . Though the USA was in a far more economic and democratic way (civil war aside) the USSR more conquest or revolution. History has examples of nearly anything

But these could be made arguments of communism v capitalism or whatever you chose

What has britains share fallen from decade by decade for the last century? The first one you seem to be making a pro EU point. That is Only going to get worse and worse for the UK and EU regardless and to negotiate with the new world economic powers is t easy for the US let alone us.

Except the EU has expanded to what now consists of 28 countries since 1980, it got much bigger yet went backwards in the world market. try having a look at the new world economic powers and the connections we already have with them, do you think the most spoken language is french or German after their native tongue, we could be in a far more favorable position than the yanks who are not trusted over there because they will try an move in like they always have.

Yes we have borders, but no say in who can come in from within the EU (Or even run a criminal background check), what "Co-Operation", we have been voted down every single time we objected to anything, and WE DO NOT NEED A TRADE DEAL with them to do business, same as most other countries outside the EU, does the USA leave its borders open to the EU as a condition of trade ?, does it f*ck.

Unstable to less stable ?, the euro has been a con trick from the start, so if we are such a shitty little no mark as the remainians would have us believe then it makes no odds does it, or would you like to back peddle a little on our place in the world now ?.

Again its far more of a risk to leave your door open every night than close it, just as open borders make it easier for people who mean this country harm to stroll in, yes there will still be a threat, but a damn sight smaller one.

There are 30 years of historical facts out there, and easy to find, future benefits are the issue.
Well you are struggling so I can think of another specific to help you. Liverpool airport. That was built with loads of Eu money. It's great , I turn up park pretty much next to the terminal, walk to the empty check in desk, get a coffee at the empty Starbucks, walk through to the empty security desk. Get on the plane and go on holidays. I live 15 mins from Manchester airport but much prefer to go from Liverpool.

Equally when I get to Spain, I love driving on those huge empty motorways and tunnels , tunnelling themselves through the mountains taking people from somewhere to somewhere else. I see the signs. Built through funding from the European Union. It's great.

However when I am not on holiday I think about when I have to fly from Manchester and how it's absolutely packed and receives no funding or help from Europe. It's the major airport in the region and the network and infrastructure around it is all funded privately or through local council funding. I wonder about that extra money we would have to sort that out.

I then think about that road in Spain and I look at the state of the m60 which has had roadworks on it for years (but no fuckin workmen) , the m6 and the roads and trains around the north of England and I think about whether I would want that billion a month spent on a road in Spain or where I live and pay my taxes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.