EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably why Cameron is softening his language towards brexit(ers). He realises we will vote remain but not with a convincing enough majority for him to have a real mandate to govern if he nails his colours too hard to the mast.
I think he's finished as PM because half the parliamentary party and the majority of Tory voters now hate his guts. When the dust settles he will go down in history as the Tory leader who lied to the British people to frighten them into staying in a political union that they have no particular affection for.

Voting leave seems to make more sense by the day.

If we don't vote leave we are going to regret it in a few years. As we always do.

Bluemoon, very early on, made their intentions clear by voting out and sticking to it. A market leader we should be proud ! no bandwagon hoppers. Now it's looking like a very savvy decision =)

Yep. Interesting times in UK post referendum, and not an issue that a getting any discussion. I suspect this is because whichever way it goes there is going to be a few slapped arsed and political in fighting. I think corbyn and labour may have been shrewd by staying relatively quiet throughout.

I think Pudgy Dave has been promised some EU ambassador role or something when he retires.

The trouble is, that the political parties make promises before the election, but the winner become the Government after the election and most promises disappear. " They were "inspirations!"

Not only that but instead of a democracy we have been getting for decades in the UK and elsewhere :
kakistocracy
  1. Government under the control of a nation's worst or least-qualified citizens.
E.G. Chancellors with degrees in history!

I think Pudgy Dave has been promised some EU ambassador role or something when he retires.

Poor Dave. Blair was promised the Presidency and the only thing waiting for him is a court date at the Hague.

Anyway I see everyone over the next few years will be issued a European Taxpayer Identification Number. Winner, you can be taxed at source, straight to the EU coffers.

Last edited:
Shows you how pig headed the hardened inners or outers are.

They believe whatever the media/politician tells them, rather than look at the issues themselves and make a more reasoned decision. All sides have lied to grab headlines. Very little truths for benefits of either being promoted.

Good to a see a thread like this trying to illuminate those truths.

Just thinking about this logically, every single referendum result that has gone against the EU has either been a) ignored or b) put back to the people to 'think again'. I think we'd all agree that they couldn't simply ignore a leave vote because all hell would break loose. So what would the response of the EU be to potentially losing one of it's biggest net contributors, one of the biggest economies on the planet, and it's largest export market? Would it be a c'est la vie approach of well they've voted to leave so we respect the outcome, or do they enter in to serious negotiations to address the concerns of the Brits and accept that we don't see things the same way? I'd say past experience would suggest we'll be ask to think again, but this can't happen without major concessions and this time the British PM won't have to go around kissing the arse of the Polish president to get them, because he'll have a much stronger hand to play with the very real threat of Britain leaving the EU if he doesn't get what he wants.

There are a significant number of Tory MPs who, if they won a referendum to leave the eu, wouldn't agree to stay in no matter what concessions were offered. More than enough to force a leadership election, possibly enough to ensure that their candidate made the shortlist on which the membership voted. They just wouldn't allow a Tory pm to enter into negotiations aimed at remaining in the Eu. Out would mean out as far as they are concerned.

Are you taking the f*"'king piss?
At least do it with the picture.
ffb7f2681ceed2c1acb06d9ada09329b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.