Euro Qualifiers ( Friday & Saturday)

Rahart said:
Unknown_Genius said:
That has more to do with the fact that the FAI, have made tickets so expensive, in a skint country.

That and more in a nutshell.

And Richard Dunne, there are moments, moments when I wonder why we ever let Dunne go..and then..and then he does thinkgs like this and I remember why. Fucking idiot.
Kilban could have done better and so could our keeper, Westwood. Not exactly Shay Given, but he's the best we've got.
Stupid defending really. We're carrying Kilbane in defence and we shouldn't be, he plays for Huddersfield for Christ sake, in midfield, Trap has him playing in LB instead of Ciaran Clark who plays LB for Villa. Experience they say. Fuck sake. It makes no sense at all.

We'd want to push on now get another goal or so, don't make this another "typical Ireland" performance.
If we park the bus and defend our 2-1 against Macedonia I'm turning off the game.
macedonia are really good on the ball.

Macedonian with a horror kick to the head, worse than De Jong on Alonso and Balotelli on Popov.

Yellow card, lol.

Fucking hell. A Macedonia player pretty much intentionally kicks Long in the head and he gets a yellow. That's fuckin desperate. Looks worse the more you see it.

The ref is not just checking on Long a few mins later. How in his head did he see that was a yellow. Almost took his ear off.
Bandaged up, blood on shirt, HOW the fuck did the ref think that was unintentional?

-- Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:05 pm --

Oh Robbie Keane..that's the reason you're not starting for a top team, you dope.

They would make you tare your hair out. Ref and all. Fuckin dopes. Premier league players against Macedonia's best. Give me strength.

-- Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:17 pm --

Top save by Westwood. Didn't do great for the first goal, but kept his head for a very inexperienced players. Not Shay Given, but what an important save.

The ref is going out of his way not to send off a Macedonia player.<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:36 pm --<br /><br />Final score 2-1.
Duff played like he was 10 years younger. Brilliant on the night. Back to the days of "Kerr's kids."
We never do it straight forward. Joint top of the table, wasn't a great night, but result is a result. It's wide open, with a lot of players yet to come back.

Rahart said:
Fucking hell. A Macedonia player pretty much intentionally kicks Long in the head and he gets a yellow. That's fuckin desperate. Looks worse the more you see it.

The ref is not just checking on Long a few mins later. How in his head did he see that was a yellow. Almost took his ear off.
Bandaged up, blood on shirt, HOW the fuck did the ref think that was unintentional?

Oh Robbie Keane..that's the reason you're not starting for a top team, you dope.

They would make you tare your hair out. Ref and all. Fuckin dopes. Premier league players against Macedonia's best. Give me strength.

Top save by Westwood. Didn't do great for the first goal, but kept his head for a very inexperienced players. Not Shay Given, but what an important save.

The ref is going out of his way not to send off a Macedonia player.

-- Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:36 pm --

Final score 2-1.
Duff played like he was 10 years younger. Brilliant on the night. Back to the days of "Kerr's kids."
We never do it straight forward. Joint top of the table, wasn't a great night, but result is a result. It's wide open, with a lot of players yet to come back.

Remind you of anyone? ;-)

Typical edge of the seat performance for us, for mostly the wrong reasons.

Best I've seen Duff play in a green shirt since Japan/S Korea. He was tremendous.

derryCITY said:
Rahart said:

The ref is going out of his way not to send off a Macedonia player.

-- Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:36 pm --

Final score 2-1.

Remind you of anyone? ;-)

Typical edge of the seat performance for us, for mostly the wrong reasons.

Best I've seen Duff play in a green shirt since Japan/S Korea. He was tremendous.

;) You couldn't possibly be talking about City now could you?
Fucking ready to throw something.
Duff was back to the Duff of 2002. Brilliant from him. Rolled back the years tonight. Outstanding.
Thought we did well to hold out considering. Our back line was very inexperienced, as were our keeper, thought that was going to show near the end and there was a bit of panic throughout the end of the game and I was waiting for the goal, but in fairness we fell over the line in the end.

Westwood made a very important save, nothing outstanding in itself, but very important all the same.
Hopefully for our next game we'll have a few more experienced players back like O Shea, Given (who seems to think he will be back)etc. We'll need them, espcecially now that Dunne will be out.

In fairness they work their socks off, something that a lot of international players wont do. Never short of heart.

You watching on RTE?

That Ireland centre midfield today is fucking terible. Whelan I dont know how he got as many caps as he had cant pass a ball. Gibson starts and apart from a odd tackle here and there he done fuck all. The team witha more mordern manager would be a better team no doubting about it. Fuck me Kilbane still plays and he is fucking shit along with Whelan its just madness and this fucking clown Trap gets paid more money than the Spainish boss Del Bosque.

The high points for me from this game Duff played well but he will need replacing some time soon shame as he has been maybe the best winger I have seen playing for Ireland in years. Also James McCarthy thank fuck all this shit will be put to bed now he has played a competitive game in years to come hopefully this lad will be playing in a World Cup seems to have a good head on his young shoulders. It was nice to here the crowd when he came on aswell.

The low points for me that fucking waste of space of a captain Robbie Keane he is a lazy bastard lets Long and Doyle do all the work. He needs dropping in my view might get the fucker to do a bit more and put in more of a game.

My team for the friendly on Tuesday.
Westwood.
Clark , Dunne , O Dea , Foley
Duff , McCarthy , Fahey , McGeady
Long , Walters or Stokes if he gets called up should be in the squad.

leighton said:
That Ireland centre midfield today is fucking terible. Whelan I dont know how he got as many caps as he had cant pass a ball. Gibson starts and apart from a odd tackle here and there he done fuck all. The team witha more mordern manager would be a better team no doubting about it. Fuck me Kilbane still plays and he is fucking shit along with Whelan its just madness and this fucking clown Trap gets paid more money than the Spainish boss Del Bosque.

The high points for me from this game Duff played well but he will need replacing some time soon shame as he has been maybe the best winger I have seen playing for Ireland in years. Also James McCarthy thank fuck all this shit will be put to bed now he has played a competitive game in years to come hopefully this lad will be playing in a World Cup seems to have a good head on his young shoulders. It was nice to here the crowd when he came on aswell.

The low points for me that fucking waste of space of a captain Robbie Keane he is a lazy bastard lets Long and Doyle do all the work. He needs dropping in my view might get the fucker to do a bit more and put in more of a game.

My team for the friendly on Tuesday.
Westwood.
Clark , Dunne , O Dea , Foley
Duff , McCarthy , Fahey , McGeady
Long , Walters or Stokes if he gets called up should be in the squad.

Terrible doesn't even begin to describe it, but Trap being Trap, if plan a doesn't work, lets keep at it till we're blue in the face.
Kilbane is God only knows how old at this stage, was played out of position, ahead of a young lad with good potentional. Huddersfield ahead of a Villa player. Says it all about Trap really.
Watching Duff tonight was like watching him when he first came onto the Irish scene and really made an impact, the Duff of around 2002, he's an outstanding player and was excellent tonight.

I agree about McCarthy, thank God all of that is now put to bed. The media would now shut up. The lad is only 20 years old and had everyone pulling him in all kinds of directions, but he seems like a very levelheaded lad.

Robbie Keane is one of those players who will frustrate the living daylights out of you, miss 100 chances and then get the hardest one at the end. You watch him and you wonder why it's such a mystery that he never really made it with the top teams. There are times where he couldn't find the goal with a map and compass. Pull your hair out kind of player.
There are a lot of players who deserve to be in the squad, but unfortunately Trap seems adamant, and he's not exactly the most experimental managers out there.

Trap needs to admit when he's wrong, and just pick the players who deserve to be picked, not players who are picked for the sake of it.

Seen an awesome Game at Zenica. Our Support was incediable, i lost my voice.

It was a fantastic Evening for us, Belarus lost, the 2nd Place is there for us.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsDB1Y5Hr78[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.