European away games ticketing policy

1. I dont read run the Sun so I don't know how they write. I'd had a few beers when I wrote that though so it's possible.

2. I haven't misquoted you at any point in my opinion. You've made some ridiculous arguments with no founding and I (and several other rational posters) have pointed them out to you.

3. Because Ive now been to Barcelona 3 times in 4 years, there is fuck all left to see, and it was raining anyway. I've got a phone which I take wherever I go. It can access the internet and whilst I was eating my lunch I wanted to set you straight on your wrong assumption.

4. I have major beef with those that can't see it is the FAIREST way of distributing a limited number of tickets.

5. I'm sick of hearing about your nephew whose medals has no relevance to the discussion. I think you just admitted that but I dont want to misquote you. I dont think we need many guesses how you know he's got a hairy arse though.

6. This is the crooks of it so pay attention. Everyone has to work. Everyone has family commitments. Everyone has other commitments from time to time which prevent them from going. However, the people with highest points are the ones who have made the sacrifices against each of those problems to earn the fucking points over a long period of time. Tell me why 40 year old Quentin from Sussex, former Liverpool and Chelsea fan, who has supported us since 13th May 2012, got a season ticket this year but only attends 4 or 5 games a season should have an equal chance of getting a ticket in a ballot? FYI in case of doubt yes, this is a hypothetical question.

I've not read all of the 100 pages prior to this, so apologies if this has been discussed already. Whilst I agree totally that there should be a system that rewards those who travel and watch City away ahead of those who have not travelled, the comparison between someone with say 15000 points plus and a new supporter is not really the issue. There's a group of supporters in the range of say 8000-12000 points who will often not be in a position to get tickets as they have sold out at that level. With people in the 15000 bracket able to add a few hundred points a year to their total from home and away games and people in the other group able to add a relatively small amount based on home matches only, that gap gets wider. And, the people in the 8000-12000 aren't Johnny come lately happy clappers - they've "served time" if you like also, but haven't quite got the legs that others have had, and with the potential for the gap to keep widening, there is a problem there.

My suggestion - the points for the last 10 years are included, and older ones drop off. That at least will spread the eligibility out amongst more people who are all deserving.

I've not read all of the 100 pages prior to this, so apologies if this has been discussed already. Whilst I agree totally that there should be a system that rewards those who travel and watch City away ahead of those who have not travelled, the comparison between someone with say 15000 points plus and a new supporter is not really the issue. There's a group of supporters in the range of say 8000-12000 points who will often not be in a position to get tickets as they have sold out at that level. With people in the 15000 bracket able to add a few hundred points a year to their total from home and away games and people in the other group able to add a relatively small amount based on home matches only, that gap gets wider. And, the people in the 8000-12000 aren't Johnny come lately happy clappers - they've "served time" if you like also, but haven't quite got the legs that others have had, and with the potential for the gap to keep widening, there is a problem there.

My suggestion - the points for the last 10 years are included, and older ones drop off. That at least will spread the eligibility out amongst more people who are all deserving.

I wouldn't have a problem with that as I think it would encourage younger / new fans to know that one day they'll be able to get a ticket for the swamp.

I'd be interested to know what other people (of all points levels) think about this.

I wouldn't have a problem with that as I think it would encourage younger / new fans to know that one day they'll be able to get a ticket for the swamp.

I'd be interested to know what other people (of all points levels) think about this.

I think young supporters would still get the opportunity to get tickets to the swamp and similar fixtures if the current system was properly policed rather than changed.

I'd be interested to know what other people (of all points levels) think about this.[/QUOTE]

The first thing that needs to be done is for City to stop selling points for upgrades and for joining cup schemes.
I join the schemes for convenience but would do it regardless of getting points.

Ye I have a feeling I'll now miss out I sit short of 14,000 managed 1 for Celtic as well.

Feel for you mate but I do think you'll probably just about scrape one.

2800 for palace away yet only 2200 for gladbach, madness.

I'm just annoyed at the fact that we had no idea that the collection process was going to be scrapped. Had we have known we'd have done Barcelona instead. Not too fussy on what games we do, just want the opportunity to do them and catch up with those above like we did when we 1st started going away games.

Feel for you mate but I do think you'll probably just about scrape one.

2800 for palace away yet only 2200 for gladbach, madness.

I'm just annoyed at the fact that we had no idea that the collection process was going to be scrapped. Had we have known we'd have done Barcelona instead. Not too fussy on what games we do, just want the opportunity to do them and catch up with those above like we did when we 1st started going away games.

Got my fingers crossed mate although I guess I'll still enjoy the 2 nights in dusseldorf :)

The very first thing that should be used to combat this needs to come from our club. We need to ask for more tickets. Fight the corner of the city fans,squeeze another 100 or even 200 tickets from our opponents. It's worth a try. Say to them look at our figures, we'll bring fans to fill your ground. Very few sell all home tickets so get them to throw a net over and let us buy the spares.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.