European away games ticketing policy

If I could get a ticket for the Madrid semi which went down to less than 8,000 I could have got one for this even with the lower allocation.

We got double in Madrid, and the hard core would snap up 2k in Germany as German games are most popular as there is a similar beer culture and reasonable acting police force and a much better viewing experience. Probably never know the outcome, but you can't blame the hard core for buying tickets.

I think European aways are very low value for money and rarely go, and I wouldn't sell on my tickets for points, as it would be hassle, could end up leading to a ban if they are dickheads, and I don't need the points. Not all first day buyers but for every game, or I wouldn't be able to buy on the first day, so I'm not sure how much are taken by those doing a mate a favour, allowing friends and family to go on or once in a lifetime trip, or blatant points grabbing.

The thing is if I offered you my tickets would you take them?

I started a thread about the Liverpool system last season, and I still think it’s better than ours.

Pick 7 Champions League games from the last five seasons, (some of which didn’t sell out, so anybody could have gone)

Juventus
Roma
Dortmund
PSG
Madrid Semi Final
Napoli
Bayern Munich 1st time

Supporters who bought a ticket for all 7 get first option
Supporters who bought a ticket for 5 games get 2nd option
Supporters who bought a ticket for 4 games get 3rd option
Open Sale....
(Or some kind of variation)

This way,the most fanatical get first pick, and points whoring is less of an issue because anyone could have gone to Juventus, Napoli, Roma

Keep the points system just for domestic games.
Some didn't qualify for a ticket for all seven games because it was based on the last digit of the season ticket number previously so unfair from the start - I'm not sure when the start was but I know a dipper that has been going everywhere he can get a ticket for, for over 20 years, and still isn't guaranteed a ticket now.

I really doubt that is the case with City/loyalty points.

Some didn't qualify for a ticket for all seven games because it was based on the last digit of the season ticket number previously so unfair from the start - I'm not sure when the start was but I know a dipper that has been going everywhere he can get a ticket for, for over 20 years, and still isn't guaranteed a ticket now.

I really doubt that is the case with City/loyalty points.

Sorry, I don't understand the bit about the last digit. Is that City or Liverpool?

Sorry, I don't understand the bit about the last digit. Is that City or Liverpool?
Sorry It's been a long day.
In the Dipper example, they had to go to 7 Euro aways to get a ticket now.
Before they brought this system in, you could go to "where-ever" if you season ticket number ended in, for example a "4"
So the only fans who would have all 7 aways fluked it on the first game.

When City started using loyalty points (before they changed it to ticket points) in the first season you had to produce "xx" number of away tickets from the previous season.
For the previous season you had to produce "xx" number of away tickets from the season before.

My point is that Liverpools system whist seeming fair is still based on a lottery several years ago where as City's system is still based on ticket bought even before points were awarded, because the first season points were awarded you couldn't buy one without having bought away tickets from the previous season, which you couldn't have bought without tickets from the season before.

(Sorry for the long reply with the spelling mistakes it has been a long day and it is Friday)

The very first thing that should be used to combat this needs to come from our club. We need to ask for more tickets. Fight the corner of the city fans,squeeze another 100 or even 200 tickets from our opponents. It's worth a try. Say to them look at our figures, we'll bring fans to fill your ground. Very few sell all home tickets so get them to throw a net over and let us buy the spares.
given that we allegedly turned down 500 tiks at celtic - cant see that happeneing anytime soon!

I doubt you would have got a ticket anyway, at best 40/60. Most people above you will have earned their points the hard way, you could have got around 11k without ever going to an away game.
What if he's a young man who's been home and away everywhere he can since he was 14?

Pissed off because I bought my flight when I thought I'd be collecting there and would have got a ticket. As I'm on just over 11,000 I doubt I'll get one now. Hope the points whores who aren't going are happy.
I do think it is a farce they relaxed the collection now. I am not saying i support the collection process but maybe the change should have been introduced after the group stage. To change it now will have an effect on you getting a ticket

Sorry It's been a long day.
In the Dipper example, they had to go to 7 Euro aways to get a ticket now.
Before they brought this system in, you could go to "where-ever" if you season ticket number ended in, for example a "4"
So the only fans who would have all 7 aways fluked it on the first game.

When City started using loyalty points (before they changed it to ticket points) in the first season you had to produce "xx" number of away tickets from the previous season.
For the previous season you had to produce "xx" number of away tickets from the season before.

My point is that Liverpools system whist seeming fair is still based on a lottery several years ago where as City's system is still based on ticket bought even before points were awarded, because the first season points were awarded you couldn't buy one without having bought away tickets from the previous season, which you couldn't have bought without tickets from the season before.

(Sorry for the long reply with the spelling mistakes it has been a long day and it is Friday)

Fair enough mate. You obviously know more about Liverpool than me.

However, City don’t have the same problem with demand frequently exceeding supply, so I’d guess (without wishing to belittle anyone) that the real City fanatics probably attended at least 3 of Napoli, Bayern (3rd time) Roma, Juventus. and Kiev

Anyone could have attended those games so points whoring is irrelevant.

Surely, by prioritising those fans, (and you’re probably only talking about 500-800), and perhaps adding a few more popular games, then everyone else would still have a fair chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.