European away games ticketing policy

Oh I see your concern is for everyone on the same points as you not just you and your chums.

So how many people does that impact on? 100 - 200 who may now have more chance of getting a ticket.

In comparison to everyone who has to queue, faces additional costs, loses time to enjoy there holiday. Also what about the other blues who have had any chance of getting a ticket removed?

Lets take your madrid example, when your mates made the cut on 12k loyalty points. What about those on 11k, 10k, 9k, 8k, 7k Loyalty points who fancied going, booking a trip but knew they had no chance through official means but deemed it worth the risk if people dropped out etc.

I have done it booked to Midjttland, Hamburg, Schalke knowing I could not get one of the club but ended up being helped out by fellow blues. Is that it for them now, they have no prospect of ever getting a ticket for a european away??

Also what about the guy who goes with his mate but his mates often get affected by his job? Previously he could have booked and passed the ticket on to a friend? What now he is forced to take the gamble and possibly face travelling alone because of the draconian ticket rules?

Also what happens to tickets which are returned at the last minute because fans are no longer able to go? Prior to this lads on lower points who had booked, and took the gamble, would have gobbled these tickets up and picked the up when abroad? What happens to them now, they remain empty and less blues get chance to enjoy the game.

So it might positively impact on a 100-200 or so but negatively effects everyone else, hence your belief in it being a good system is in the minority.

Of course this is even before discussing the discriminatory way football fans are treated.
We don't always see eye to eye frank but that is a brilliant post
It's the club's inflexibility and the unacceptable treatment of football fans that is in question here, nothing else

A EuroCityzens photo ID card would be the answer, tickets posted as normal but the ID to be shown to a City official before admission at the turnstiles. No queuing in the rain for tickets and the club get to charge £50 a season for the card - win-win. ;-)
I said that to them after Kiev, and you only get the card after providing passport details and the like.
Too many dickheads on here said we should just accept the shit City give out as they are sheep

Seems sensible enough to me. Issue is though that's it's the club that'll make whatever tweaks they feel are needed and I doubt that the supporters will even be consulted. Especially as reducing points whores isn't probably a factor when the system was introduced.

The bigger picture does seem to suggest it's more about control of supporters. Chelsea fans on train in Paris etc will not have helped matters but neither will the general behaviour of a lot of supporters of all clubs when travelling away.

Being in the champions league too had probably had an impact. A few hundred fans in say Thessaloniki getting pissed up and making a mess of a square there wont upset anyone. Do the same in Madrid, Paris or Rome and it could cause an issue for those in suits.

If uefa have told clubs to clean up their fans or face fines etc then clubs have to be seen to do something. So clubs are doing something and hiding behind the face of safety.

The need to queue up though in this day and age is poor. When I did England away around ten years ago we had membership cards with a photo on them. We also had to give the FA proof of travel like boarding passes and hotel confirmations. You had to scan your card if I remember rightly in order to get your caps (points)
You see we are on the same page
My concern that in this day and age we are using draconian measures to crack a very small nut, be that ticket touts or security.
Either way we are born free men and shouldn't have to put up with this amount of control, which is really about persecution.

Sorry about all the posts one after another, but I've been out all day slaying dragons, sitting on thrones and playing games.
Hope the weather back in Manc was as good as the 25 Celcius here

We don't always see eye to eye frank but that is a brilliant post
It's the club's inflexibility and the unacceptable treatment of football fans that is in question here, nothing else

Cheers Squirty. Not seeing eye to eye is part and parcel of a forum so its all quickly forgotten.

The impact of these rules can only negatively affect the vast majority of the fans and in future even those who support it currently. Its an attack on personal freedom and to add insult to injury there execution of putting a system in place shows further contempt.

You need to keep out of that sun though if it results in you agreeing with my viewpoint. Enjoy your break.

Funny how those on high points inconvenienced by queueing are calling those on middle points who've managed to get tickets when otherwise they wouldn't selfish. I'm sorry you've been inconvenienced so that I can get a ticket I'm entitled to ahead of those on lower points who used to get them before this system was introduced. That's not to say it shouldn't be implemented more slickly along the lines someone posted a couple of pages ago so people don't have to queue for ridiculous amounts of time. Another way of reducing queues would be to allow tour operators other than the official ones (Spike for example) take responsibility for handing out tickets on flights. Wristbands should also be scrapped; they don't add anything so it would save time if they didn't bother. The option of allowing proof of travel to be used in Manchester as a means for some to collect in Manchester should also be looked at.

A corporate who can get say 4 tickets can nominate anyone with little or no points.
This is what they are driving us towards, pay more to secure tickets.

I appreciate hindsight is a wonderful thing. But commonsense is always there.

Look at the size and the space inside the Fruit Market. There was more of it out of my picture.

20160928_123223.jpg
20160928_123223.jpg

City had already viewed the venue, knew it's sjze, and it's capacity.

Knowing this, some bright spark in charge of setting this up decided on 1 queue, 1 table, a handful of staff, and the tickets in some kind of order, or not.

When in reality, they should have used the whole hall, had the tables split in Alphabetical order, 4 letters per table, for the first letter of your last name, and one table per queue at the bottom of the hall, so up to X amount of queues could be processed at once. That way they could have fitted 4 or 5 times as many people into the hall, with tbe queues moving faster.

Now I don't wotk in a ticket office, but even a dullard like me could have organised a much better system than tbe person or persons currently incharge of the ticket office, and who organized this.

Just a thought...but if multi billion pound city cant afford the extra staff to dish out tickets....i am absolutely certain that there would be loads of blues willing to volunteer to help out to make up the numbers up - chairmans secretaries, treasuries from the branches im sure would be willing to take a lead. This wasnt just a glasgow queuing problem - it has happened elsewhere. I would be more than willing to do a stint (and before anyone asks ive got enough points to get my tik first day of sales). The current system is a joke and needs rectifying urgently!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.