European or World League

A world league would be shite, because (and I say this in the least arrogant way possible) nearly all teams outside Europe are miles off, hence why the Club World Cup is such a joke.

A world league would be shite, because (and I say this in the least arrogant way possible) nearly all teams outside Europe are miles off, hence why the Club World Cup is such a joke.
Aye, because they can't compete financially. If they're in the same league, totally different scenario.

Not that i'm advocating it, just saying, you can't look at the situation now and say 'this is how it will always be', things are so fluid and can change very quickly given the right circumstances. Give Flamengo or Boca Juniors a £300m/year turnover, suddenly things look quite different.

And how would clubs be selected to play in a World League?

What right do we have over say Newcastle or West Ham?

Would there be relegation from the World league and if so, how would the promoted teams qualify?

There was an Idea floated a few years ago about a European league where the teams would be from smaller nations, such as Scotland, Norway, Belgium
But it was decided that it would kill the domestic leagues

Hopefully it'll never happen but money talks.
I get more enjoyment over beating Everton, Spuds or Newcastle than i will over beating PSG in a league game.

Hopefully it'll never happen but money talks.
I get more enjoyment over beating Everton, Spuds or Newcastle than i will over beating PSG in a league game.
We have already got bored of playing Bayer and Barca every year. European league would end it for me and I suspect an awful lot of others.

I think this is an inevitability, but a little way off yet.

There is no incentive for English clubs to do it at this point as they are all aboard the money train, but should the money from Sky and BT dry up in a few years, then it will become more appealing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.