Euston closed Sun 3/12 (those travelling from Milton Keynes note cancellations)

dawlish dave

Was going to come up via London for WHU {crap cross country service on Sun Morning from WOE} now no Virgin trains out of Euston until sometime after 12.00, when trains do run the Manchester service will be 2 per hour not 3. Suggest anyone trying to come north use Chiltern trains from Marylebone can see loads of WHU fans missing the ko. My route will be change at Reading to a cross country should get me up in time for 45 min in the Gray Horse before the game. Promise to stay till the end of the match {have been guilty of leaving on 89 min to catch my train back to Devon}.

Cheers for posting this, though I get on at Milton Keynes, it just says "cancelled", however previous experience is that they might run the trains from MK anyway. I think I'll turn up there and see what happens, I've plenty of time to drive if not.

Trying to work out my travel now. I was on the 9:20 from Euston
Go to London Marylebone station and get the Chiltern Trains service to Birmingham Moor St, make your way to New Street station (about 10-15 mins walk) and get a Manchester train from there. You can use your Virgin ticket as it's caused by an unscheduled disruption (overhead line damage).

Go to London Marylebone station and get the Chiltern Trains service to Birmingham Moor St, make your way to New Street station (about 10-15 mins walk) and get a Manchester train from there. You can use your Virgin ticket as it's caused by an unscheduled disruption (overhead line damage).

Thanks!

I will make it. Flew over for 50th birthday weekend. Not going to miss City.

I love how virgin take your money, know you're on the train, know you have a reserved seat on the train, but don't bother emailing you to tell you about it.
They are utter cnuts. I’m currently having a terse exchange with them (via an office in Bombay where no-one is allowed to deviate from a script) over me having booked two tickets up for the Newcastle game and inadvertently adding a 16-25 railcard instead of a Two Together railcard. The discount is the same, I’m not asking to alter either the train time or seats, yet the grasping twats want me to pay a £40 admin fee on my refunded tickets which cost £50, and then I’ve got to buy new tickets (for the same train), only the price has gone up to £70. In other words a £110 hit for tickets that originally cost £50. I’m gonna go with London Midland instead, even if it does mean forfeiting my tenner refund and taking twice as long to get there. At least I’ll be spared having to listen to Beardy’s ‘humorous’ toilet messages. Capitalist twat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.