Euston closed Sun 3/12 (those travelling from Milton Keynes note cancellations)

They are utter cnuts. I’m currently having a terse exchange with them (via an office in Bombay where no-one is allowed to deviate from a script) over me having booked two tickets up for the Newcastle game and inadvertently adding a 16-25 railcard instead of a Two Together railcard. The discount is the same, I’m not asking to alter either the train time or seats, yet the grasping twats want me to pay a £40 admin fee on my refunded tickets which cost £50, and then I’ve got to buy new tickets (for the same train), only the price has gone up to £70. In other words a £110 hit for tickets that originally cost £50. I’m gonna go with London Midland instead, even if it does mean forfeiting my tenner refund and taking twice as long to get there. At least I’ll be spared having to listen to Beardy’s ‘humorous’ toilet messages. Capitalist twat

I would just use the tickets you have and if questioned play dumb and say you booked using the two together service and never noticed the different tickets or whatever :)

I love how virgin take your money, know you're on the train, know you have a reserved seat on the train, but don't bother emailing you to tell you about it.

Happen at Chelsea away, we got to Euston at 9.02 the train we expected to get back on left at 9.01. The last train back to Manchesterat 9.21 was cancelled.

virgin wankers

I would just use the tickets you have and if questioned play dumb and say you booked using the two together service and never noticed the different tickets or whatever :)

The trouble with that is that there’s almost always a ticket check when you board at Euston. If they decide to be petty on the day, then my choices are missing the game or buying another ticket on the day, which is usually exorbitant - like £150 plus

The trouble with that is that there’s almost always a ticket check when you board at Euston. If they decide to be petty on the day, then my choices are missing the game or buying another ticket on the day, which is usually exorbitant - like £150 plus

Ah, I see. The last time I was on a train, the guard came round with the "tickets please" shout and that wasn't that long ago, on the Carlisle to Edinburgh line.

The ticket attendants at Euston are crypto-fascists, mate. They don’t miss a fucking trick!

In terms of railcars discounts I always use the 20% off with my season card and never have I been asked to show my season card. I also have an nus extra card which gets me discounts off cross country and trans pennine and again never been asked for that. Guess I've been lucky but my experience is they don't bother too much about the railcards long as you have a ticket for the particular service

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.