LAST FEW DAYS TO ORDER - Paul Stewart/Signed Book

Thanks to everyone who has messaged wanting a book so far, I appreciate the support. The books will be sent out on Monday 11th December as will be sending myself this time. When we did the David White evening there was a change of plan last minute which meant David was posting them so took a little longer than expected. So if you want a book a Xmas present for a fellow Blue it will be received well in advance, Cheers

Last edited:
What venue is the Evening with Stewart being held at CB?
Stewart was one of my favourite all time City strkers...30 goals in 63 games marks him down as a very dangerous centre forward for City team of yhe day (stats courtesy of the online BM site)
It was Stewarts explosive speed,raw power,and again,explosive bullet like shooting which used to stand out for me,he often used to pick up a loose ball in quite a deep posistion ,turn and just motor ,unstoppable towards goal using raw pace, aggression and determination to take him beyond the opponents back line..it was trememdous to watch.His classic finishing style was a power packed shot,often rifled low,across the keeper into the corner of the net after a burst from nowhere...his almost demonic head charge on goal was similar to that of Dennis Tueart (from u tube vids) and later...to a lesser extent, Carlis Tevez.
I was gutted when we sold him,absolutely gutted,he and Paul Lake did so much to ignite match day foogball for me,a new seasonf ticket holder in the kippax during the late 80s.As @worsleyweb has alluded to sbove, those were good days on the Kippax,despite the relative low ranking of our place in football at the time.Citys away support was absolutely banging in those days,loud,huge, and proud and a real pleasure to be part of on away terraces up and down the land.

Three memories re Stewart stand out for me.First,a game i didnt manage to gst go but watched stewerts goal on itv news that evening,the win at top of the table Bradford,midweek ..our first away win for years,capped by a tradematk Stewart goal where he again picked up a loose ball,around the half way line iirc and simply set off on a rampamt charge towards goal,finishing with an explosive shot,a goal which ripped the wind out of Bradfords sails.
I also remember the home game against Birmingham City (very shortly after the 10-1win against Huddersfield which i was lucky enough to see)..the brum game was dead,nothing going on really,a drab sat afternoon affair when Stewart picked the ball up,in a deep position, turned and.....you ve guessed the rest....
Maine Road exploded into life and we went on to run out 3nil winners,if my memory serves me righf.
And finally...quite bizzarely..i will always remember Everton away in the quarter finals of thd leagud cup at goodison under Machin,sitting high at the top of evertons main stand,it was do high up u had to take lifts...and the pitch appeared a sheer drop...i,m not too good with heights and,to bs frank,i was shit scared..i remember peering over my seat at k.o ..to be gutted to see Stewart take the k.o ,not with our ex Everton striker Imre Varadi,with whom he had formed a good partnership with,..but with the young versatile Paul lake, who played up front thst game,with varadi taking the subs bench....the game and racaous atmosphere in front of a packed crowd at Goodison was too much for our young team, everton ran out comfortable 2-0 winners.
I had no idea that Varadi wasnt playing until that moment,..the rush go get to an away game in those days meant u were often surprised at last min omissions just at k.o..i was desperate to get go wembley for the first time wofh City, it was still a special special place in those days...and altho we had the fa cup run later that season,red scouse ended our hopes,again at the Quarter final stags,this time at Maine road,when a certain ref made a bad name for himself amongst the expectanct Blues....i still felt proud that our young second division team had reached the Q/F s of both major cup competitions that enjoyable but frustrating season season.i think we fin 12th in the league that season,iirc

Nonetheless,happy dayx,never to be forgotten.

Last edited:
What venue is the Evening with Stewart being held at CB?
Stewart was one of my favourite all time City strkers...30 goals in 63 games marks him down as a very dangerous centre forward for City team of yhe day (stats courtesy of the online BM site)
It was Stewarts explosive speed,raw power,and again,explosive bullet like shooting which used to stand out for me,he often used to pick up a loose ball in quite a deep posistion ,turn and just motor ,unstoppable towards goal using raw pace, aggression and determination to take him beyond the opponents back line..it was trememdous to watch.His classic finishing style was a power packed shot,often rifled low,across the keeper into the corner of the net after a burst from nowhere...his almost demonic head charge on goal was similar to that of Dennis Tueart (from u tube vids) and later...to a lesser extent, Carlis Tevez.
I was gutted when we sold him,absolutely gutted,he and Paul Lake did so much to ignite match day foogball for me,a new seasonf ticket holder in the kippax during the late 80s.As @worsleyweb has alluded to sbove, those were good days on the Kippax,despite the relative low ranking of our place in football at the time.Citys away support was absolutely banging in those days,loud,huge, and proud and a real pleasure to be part of on away terraces up and down the land.

Three memories re Stewart stand out for me.First,a game i didnt manage to gst go but watched stewerts goal on itv news that evening,the win at top of the table Bradford,midweek ..our first away win for years,capped by a tradematk Stewart goal where he again picked up a loose ball,around the half way line iirc and simply set off on a rampamt charge towards goal,finishing with an explosive shot,a goal which ripped the wind out of Bradfords sails.
I also remember the home game against Birmingham City (very shortly after the 10-1win against Huddersfield which i was lucky enough to see)..the brum game was dead,nothing going on really,a drab sat afternoon affair when Stewart picked the ball up,in a deep position, turned and.....you ve guessed the rest....
Maine Road exploded into life and we went on to run out 3nil winners,if my memory serves me righf.
And finally...quite bizzarely..i will always remember Everton away in the quarter finals of thd leagud cup at goodison under Machin,sitting high at the top of evertons main stand,it was do high up u had to take lifts...and the pitch appeared a sheer drop...i,m not too good with heights and,to bs frank,i was shit scared..i remember peering over my seat at k.o ..to be gutted to see Stewart take the k.o ,not with our ex Everton striker Imre Varadi,with whom he had formed a good partnership with,..but with the young versatile Paul lake, who played up front thst game,with varadi taking the subs bench....the game and racaous atmosphere in front of a packed crowd at Goodison was too much for our young team, everton ran out comfortable 2-0 winners.
I had no idea that Varadi wasnt playing until that moment,..the rush go get to an away game in those days meant u were often surprised at last min omissions just at k.o..i was desperate to get go wembley for the first time wofh City, it was still a special special place in those days...and altho we had the fa cup run later that season,red scouse ended our hopes,again at the Quarter final stags,this time at Maine road,when a certain ref made a bad name for himself amongst the expectanct Blues....i still felt proud that our young second division team had reached the Q/F s of both major cup competitions that enjoyable but frustrating season season.i think we fin 12th in the league that season,iirc

Nonetheless,happy dayx,never to be forgotten.

Great post and enjoyed reading that and very similar to my own memories. The night is Milton Keynes on Friday 8th December but I can happily sort you a signed copy of Paul's book no problem.

Last edited:
Will buy 2 will make good presents will pm you Wed orThur .good effort on your part well done

Thanks to everyone who has messaged wanting a book so far, I appreciate the support. The books will be sent out on Monday 11th December as will be sending myself this time. When we did the David White evening there was a change of plan last minute which meant David was posting them so took a little longer than expected. So if you want a book a Xmas present for a fellow Blue it will be received well in advance, Cheers

We are just short of 40 book orders so far which is a great response but would still like to hit 50 book sales for Paul if possible.

Please message if you are interested in a signed copy with a optional message of your choice, which would make a nice Xmas present of a fellow Blue.

Thank s to everyone who has ordered so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.