Everton 2017/18 | Allardyce the new manager

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by MCFC1993, 3 Jul 2017.

1. mccity

mccity

Thread Killer
    I take it they weren't keen on hiring you at the Beeb?

2. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Gilluminati Slayer
    Moyes finished 5th twice and 6/7/8 regularly. Martinez finished 5th as well.

3. Colin Bells Boots

Colin Bells Boots

He did pocket a fortune for being a bent twat though - allegedly .

4. Larry Stranger

Larry Stranger

This is the problem and point I'm trying to make. At some point Moshiri and Everton fans will have enough of Big Sam just like Wet Ham did. Just like Palace did. I don't see him staying at Everton for 4/5 years. They will want another manager who will play exciting football and the transition to that manager might not go well.

5. BlueHammer85

BlueHammer85

I see this point but I do think people are unfair on Big Sam - put it this way, for West Ham we were far better to watch than under Bilic - this despite Big Sam not having the luxury of Payet, lanzini and others. Really believe give him big enough transfer fund they will play good football. Problem is the media tag of hoofball etc has stuck, so when Everton have a couple of poor games fans will throw their toys out their pram. Just like us Hammers fans did when in reality it was a lot better than Zola, Bilic and even Pardew at time despite them all being ‘attacking exciting’ managers

6. urban genie

urban genie

7. davek1808

davek1808

And that's just unsworths order.

8. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

The talk down Walton Road is that Moshiri wants the kind of players they have had in the past - Alan Ball, Arteta et al - but can anyone see that kind of player wanting to go to a club managed by BFS?

The EFC faithful will accept BFS when he starts to collect sufficient points that will ensure PL football next season, no matter what they thought of the appointment last week! It's the only thing that matters in the short term.

9. Southern

Southern

10. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Gilluminati Slayer
    It’s Vimto lol my Mrs calls it Vimpto.