Everton 2017/18

Some telling stats about our Wazza.

He has scored 3 goals v teams in the current top 10 in the FIFA ranking - one in a friendly v Argentina in 2003, and two in friendlies v Brazil in 2013.
On the other hand, 21 of his goals have come against teams outside the top 50 nations.
He has scored five against San Marino, more than against any other country.

I make no comment. Draw your own conclusions.
I take it they weren't keen on hiring you at the Beeb?

They’ve been a mid table at best team for donkeys years - Give Sam 4/5 years and he will get them up near the top 6 - perhaps higher if more money to spend.
Problem is they will have a patch of poor games and every will point the finger at Allardyce, blame him for playing ‘dinosaur tactics’ ... yet forget they played worse under Koeman and other ‘exciting attacking’ managers.
Moyes finished 5th twice and 6/7/8 regularly. Martinez finished 5th as well.

They’ve been a mid table at best team for donkeys years - Give Sam 4/5 years and he will get them up near the top 6 - perhaps higher if more money to spend.
Problem is they will have a patch of poor games and every will point the finger at Allardyce, blame him for playing ‘dinosaur tactics’ ... yet forget they played worse under Koeman and other ‘exciting attacking’ managers.

This is the problem and point I'm trying to make. At some point Moshiri and Everton fans will have enough of Big Sam just like Wet Ham did. Just like Palace did. I don't see him staying at Everton for 4/5 years. They will want another manager who will play exciting football and the transition to that manager might not go well.

This is the problem and point I'm trying to make. At some point Moshiri and Everton fans will have enough of Big Sam just like Wet Ham did. Just like Palace did. I don't see him staying at Everton for 4/5 years. They will want another manager who will play exciting football and the transition to that manager might not go well.

I see this point but I do think people are unfair on Big Sam - put it this way, for West Ham we were far better to watch than under Bilic - this despite Big Sam not having the luxury of Payet, lanzini and others. Really believe give him big enough transfer fund they will play good football. Problem is the media tag of hoofball etc has stuck, so when Everton have a couple of poor games fans will throw their toys out their pram. Just like us Hammers fans did when in reality it was a lot better than Zola, Bilic and even Pardew at time despite them all being ‘attacking exciting’ managers

The talk down Walton Road is that Moshiri wants the kind of players they have had in the past - Alan Ball, Arteta et al - but can anyone see that kind of player wanting to go to a club managed by BFS?

The EFC faithful will accept BFS when he starts to collect sufficient points that will ensure PL football next season, no matter what they thought of the appointment last week! It's the only thing that matters in the short term.

Who do they replace Big Sam with

Cannot think of a bigger team he could get a job at if he leaves Celtic
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/342759/Brendan-Rodgers-Bayern-Munich-lesson/amp:
33184.jpg
L

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.