Everton 2017/18

You’ve got to admire their ambition in aiming high for one of the top coaches in Europe

But seriously... why the fuck would he go there!?! He’d have his pick of some of the biggest clubs in Europe if he left Atletico

The only coaches these fuckers aim for are those with wheels and windows with bricks

All valid reasons!

Plus that awful ‘history’ song.
The shitty Z cars theme.
Their crap Victorian era stadium
The delusion they do things ‘the right way’ and we ruin football.
The fact they turn into Barca circa 2012 whenever they play us, but lube up and bend over for every other top 6 club ...

Lets put this myth to bed. They turn up like Uruguay circa 1966 and get away with it.

Speaking to some Everton fans today and had to listen to them telling me that they will soon be bringing in the very best in terms of a manager and players and would emulate God' own club in the not to distant future. Bet they wished They hadn't as they took the right hump when I disagreed and told them that I appreciate they now have this rich benefactor, but if they think their heading in the same direction as us, they couldn't be more wrong.

Why you might ask, well in 2008 the only bluster surrounding the take over came from Suleiman Al-Fahim, who basically provided a bit of razzmataz in the media. He was hyping up thr takeover, talking big transfers, but was soon quitenend down and IIRC was last seen trying to buy Pompey with cash he didn't have.

This and some of the antics in the early days of the takeover were probably embarrassing for HRH SM and I include the Robinho didnt know who he was signing for debacle, thr Kaka episode, the Hughes sacking and some of Gary Cook's goofs.

The press initially intrigued soon started to take this piss, something that isn't tolerated by the likes of our owner and I think this was when the penny dropped. He quickly realised that simply chucking money at players wasn't going to work, as Chelsea had done this and gone through a number of managers, with no real stability. They poached the best youngsters from around Europe in little more than a game of percentages, but did little in the way of providing the required facilities for this young talent and instead farmed them all out on loan.

This was recognised by the owners and the Academy was built offering unrivalled opportunities in both football and academically. Which parent in their right mind is going to spurn this type of facility, with kids of players from our biggest enemy opting to go blue. It was a master stroke and shows how sharp those at the top really are.

In terms of managers, Mancini was an improvement on Hughes and at that stage in our development was a big enough name to take us to the next step. The Barca pair came in for one reason and this was the seed planted for where we find ourselves at this moment in time. Mancini's abrasivness and lack of people skills got him the boot, with his replacement, Pellegrini being the polar opposite and clearly only keeping the seat warm for someone else.

Pellegrini did okay, but it didnt really matter because with forward planning the man they wanted had been primed and was targeted the moment SM brought in Tixi and Sorano.

I know I've waffled on a bit but the point is that our club is a fantastically well oiled machine that is always a step ahead of the opposition. They recognise value in people, hence retaining Paddy as an ambassador, then EDS coach and then to NYC. Villa, Pirlo and Frank all massive players who were club legends who attracted media attention Stateside, with this just one of the many clubs in the CFG portfolio. Those at the top are modest in their approach and have quietly got on with it choosing to ignore the constant sniping.

The harsh reality is that the media in this country cannot cope with the level of intelligence with which our club is run and the fact that ickle City have now become this global brand that has developed whilst no one was looking. Its jealosy, but not just because of wealth, because we've gone to a level matched by no other club in football and no one saw it coming apart from us. Our kids and their kids will be steeped in footballing success when they reach our age and the constant ramblings of history will be a thing of the past, as it will be all about us.

By the time I'd finished with them and pointed out theirs more to success than throwing money about and quoting the contents of this post they didn't really know what to say, with my closing line been that off "Just remember Tony Fernandez at QPR" and look where they are now.

Yeah, we got so lucky with our owners. So many clubs get taken over by billionaires only for nothing to come of it because they don't actually have a strategy. Roman Abramovich is the only other one that's actually created sustained success, and even then, it seems like more luck than judgement from Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.