Everton - Post match thread.

How many trophies has Pep won ?
He's won nothing with us & that's all I'm concerned about, I don't think his style of football , the 'pep' way as some like to call it will work in the premier league,he takes too many chances & makes too many mistakes. The way the pep philosophy is talked about here is like it's more important than anything else , more important than winning games/ trophies, it's all about the way we play as one day it will click & we turn into Barcelona to dominate for years , absolute delusion .
(Awaits , why don't we get big Sam) comments or a ban .

Is winning the only thing that matters? Not knocking, just asking
People get hired & fired , lives are changed because of the results driven world , he's trying to bring a way of playing into the premier league that will not win a thing here, it's all about the style not the results it seems, building for the future etc etc & yes ,winning is all that matters in the end.

Pep likes his teams to be fluid and less rigid. He signed Danilo because he can play LB, RB and MF to a high standard. His approach means that he's challenging his players to be more versatile so that injuries and suspensions don't disrupt the team too much. When Sheikh Mansour brought Pep to the club he was bringing in a different and quite unique approach to developing a team. Pep doesn't approach the task like other managers - he has a vision and imagination like no-one else. If anyone talks about Pep, straight away there's a vision of a team playing a highly progressive style of football. He wants to win, but he wants to win in style. If you want to win at all costs and park the bus against other top teams and steamroller the others, you hire Maureen. If you want to take on the other big teams with your A game you hire Pep. Probably no other manager in the world would have thought of converting the world's best full back (Lahm) into an equally brilliant holding midfielder. Pep doesn't think like many of us City fans. Thank god for that.

He played great football at Barca, so far we have been average under him. People need to stop treating him as a messiah and concentrate on whats infront of them.

I'm surprised Ric stated that was his reasoning.
If that wasn't the reason then I apologise but I find it odd that an entire thread is pulled. If some posts break the CoC then delete them but to bin the entire thread suggests the whole topic is off limits.

He's won nothing with us & that's all I'm concerned about, I don't think his style of football , the 'pep' way as some like to call it will work in the premier league,he takes too many chances & makes too many mistakes. The way the pep philosophy is talked about here is like it's more important than anything else , more important than winning games/ trophies, it's all about the way we play as one day it will click & we turn into Barcelona to dominate for years , absolute delusion .
(Awaits , why don't we get big Sam) comments or a ban .
Absolutely spot on. The usual attack dogs will be on here shortly to give you grief and try chase you off the board. Just remember, they're the ones with the devout belief in our under achieving manager. Who in gods name believes we will win anything of significance with a defence as open as ours? We don't even attack at pace like Liverpool, it's all so static. I'm hugely underwhelmed with how we perform on the pitch, his public utterances and the cult that has built around him. This is what the EVIDENCE suggests.
Boo hoo, get behind the team etc etc

Total confidence in Pep you don't become a bad manager over night. Don't think he realised how big the job was until he got here. My only concern is I would like to see a contract extension as otherwise next season we are back in the same position with a manager nearing the end of his time here. If he commits for another 2/3 years plenty of time to build a legacy. We have bought players to play Peps style and he needs to stay and see this through. We can't be changing the whole team again 12 months time for a new manager. Whilst I expect us to win at least one trophy this year, if we don't the pressure will really be on. At that stage who knows what happens. I think it's only right that decisions can be questioned that is what a forum is for, but we need to stay right behind him, and I am sure he will deliver. This thread is being used as there isn't a Pep one which is odd. In terms of not playing any good football, did you see Everton Monday night? The rags are the same awful football to watch. I know which football I would rather watch. Sadly hoofball, strength, size and pace is what the premier league is all about. That's why Arsenal, Spurs etc who try to play football don't always succeed. It's going to interesting to see whether Peps style will work in the premier league, but it's going to a good ride finding out. Come on blues three points today will do nicely!

Dont think there are many 'Pep out ' campaigners. I am certainly not one. However the guy has proved he is far from infallible and I think it's fair to criticise or scrutinize his decisions and the teams progress under him on a football forum.

I haven't seen much great football since he took over. A few glimpses maybe. He has spent lots of money and now I think he has to get the best out of his talented squad (and youth team). Rather than going back to the transfer market. Top quality managers improve their players and give them the confidence and system for them to thrive.
I agree, but unlike someone like Klopp, Pep is expectes to do it now, albeit the squad he inherited was a broken one left by Pellegrini.

If Pep had taken over from Mancini as per the original plan, I doubt half of these conversations would be taking place. What we all need to remember is that Pep is Pep Guardiola, not God almighty who can feed the 5000 with 2 loaves & 5 fish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.