Everton Thread - 2023/24

The game has been sanitised and adapted to TV so much now that I struggle to get excited by it. The game is not for the club's fans anymore but for a more worldwide audience as that's where the advertising and audience is. I prefer the hostile atmosphere of a game and football was a place for the working person to vent their anger and forget the stresses of everyday life. Now they want a family to come once a season and spend hundreds in the souvenir shop.

Ian Byrne, Liverpool West Derby MP and Red Shite fan. Fair play to him.

This basically threatens the club, the stadium, jobs if we go into administration etc. EITC. P&S was meant to 'protect clubs' but this could kill us. Good to see him mention the pathetic punishment the Super League wannabees got too.

His motion, in full, read: “That this House condemns the grossly unjust points deduction imposed on Everton Football Club by a Premier League commission, a punishment lacking any legal or equitable foundation or justification for the level of sanction; notes that financial-not-sporting penalties for far more severe breaches have been applied, including the industry-and-community-threatening European Super League; declares that sporting sanctions unfairly punish supporters; notices the improper dismissal of extraordinary mitigating circumstances outlined by Everton; impresses on the House Everton’s investment in North Liverpool, its 2028 Euro Stadium, and the club’s long-standing, commendable commitment to Liverpool’s vulnerable; gravely remarks that these investments are now under threat; that this House contends the Premier League can no longer fairly govern top-flight football without independent scrutiny and legislation; asserts that the commission’s cavalier approach to points deductions necessitates acceleration of the introduction of the Government’s proposed Independent Regulator; urges the Government to immediately establish an Independent Football Regulator that will safeguard the future of the game, enforce compliance with financial regulation, and establish new guardrails for corporate governance, club ownership, fan engagement, and competition regulation; requests the suspension of all proceedings and sanctions made by the commission until the Regulator makes its own determinations; and demands fan ownership and board representation

Absolutely disgusting the liberties these cunts are taking with Everton.

Bullshit from SKY

This is fuck all to do with censoring language and everything to do with stopping Everton's fans calling out the Premier League for what it is.

They should turn up with their cameras, film and commentate on the match and fuck off again. They hold way too much clout for me. TNT are the same, Channel 4, all of them.

Can we film the players in the tunnel? No, fuck off.
Can we wander up the line filming people from a yard during the national anthems? No, fuck off.
Can we have our presenter and panel table on the pitch during the warm up? No, fuck off.

It went too far for me at Anfield during the 0-0 (I think) when Mahrez missed a penalty.

They quite obviously and deliberately turned down the mics at the end where our fans were as they got halfway through a rousing rendition of Bluemoon in fear of it interrupting the vomit inducing shite that they sing pre-match.
Exactly.

Need to be very careful what's on this banner, should they be popping at us rather than the PL it could cause a bit of bother at future games and give the media a wankathon.

Everton is a strange case. Years of stability and being a nuisance for any opposition under Moyes to total mis-management and finances.

They've had power house names like Ancelotti, Benitez and Koeman to the likes of Fat Sam and Fat Frank.

They sold up Gordon and Richarlson for over 100m total yet still find themselves in trouble. I did wonder why a few months ago they were desperate for Spurs to waive a 10m fee for Alli.

I don't have any beef with Everton, they've been in the shadows of the red neighbours way too long. I know how that feels and I think aot of City fans knew how that felt too.

Anyway, ten points isn't the end of the world. They weren't going to get Europe and they definitely wasn't getting relegated. Theyll just keep plodding along.

The big thing for me is they need to sort their shit out and have a good future plan for when they move stadium

Be a shame if a few strategic banners appeared in front of Sky TV cameras at Goodison on Saturday.

One of these days one of the clubs or even the players might show some balls and get on the same page as the fans, why is it always the fans organising protests?

Imagine how much more power a club and fan led protest would have, look at the dippers the club whinge as much as their feral fanbase.

One of these days one of the clubs or even the players might show some balls and get on the same page as the fans, why is it always the fans organising protests?

Imagine how much more power a club and fan led protest would have, look at the dippers the club whinge as much as their feral fanbase.
I agree.

I noticed a couple of our players making a silent protest picking up their CL medals. Personally i'd have prefered to see Kyle dickslapping them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.