Everton v City post match

The trouble these days is it's all about instant success, the GPC took time to start the corrupt legend he has left. Klopp did not do that much first year, poch, at Spurs took time.

I think we need to be patient. Pep did not inherit a successful squad, ageing players, not his team, perhaps Pellegrini should be criticised more.

I hate these drubbings as much as anybody but give the guy some windows to improve squad. All on here know what is needed, so am sure city management do. :-)
Please, do refrain from talking sense and positivism. It's big flapping time.

Having had time to reflect - I actually think we were a little unlucky. Yes I know we defend Kamikaze style and the keeper is hollow and these things need addressing both in the short term (drop Bravo for a few games) and the long term (3-4 new defenders required in the summer) but we played some good stuff in the opening half and had we rightly been awarded the penalty (the keeper could have theoretically been sent off too) then the likelihood is we would have strolled to a comfortable away win and be lauded in the press.
Sure the game isn't about ifs, so clearly we need to be converting our chances to get ahead of the game whilst we're on top, which we are in long periods for most of the games we play, but Sunday was so very close to being a completely different story.

We have bought kdb sterling stones and Gundogan we cant buy a full squad when we have players with 12 months left on there contracts who dont want to go or we just getting through this season. Regarding spurs they been given time without being in the spotlight piss easy there for a manager with no pressure.

There's quite a bit of truth here. Spurs have been able to take more chances with youngsters and it's paying off handsomely. We have been much more reluctant, partly due to being under closer, more critical scrutiny.

I wouldn't take anything away from Pochettino, though. He's doing a tidy job.

There's quite a bit of truth here. Spurs have been able to take more chances with youngsters and it's paying off handsomely. We have been much more reluctant, partly due to being under closer, more critical scrutiny.

Danny Rose was bang average for 5 years after going to Spurs before coming good. No one would allow that here, there'd be a dedicated thread with 500 pages about how its an example of how shit begiristain is..

Danny Rose was bang average for 5 years after going to Spurs before coming good. No one would allow that here, there'd be a dedicated thread with 500 pages about how its an example of how shit begiristain is..

Haha, yes. Again, though, supporter expectations will be higher and more fickle here because of our eye-watering spend. I don't have Tottenham's figures but they sure as hell have spent a fraction of our outlay.

Spurs received a huge amount of criticism for squandering the Bale money. They went backwards for a couple of seasons before Pochettino effectively was given a clean start. With hindsight, we might have been better going for the mass clear out in the summer and making it clear this would be a transitional year.

Rose was worse than bang average to be fair and I personally don't think he is that much better. And don't get me started on Walker!

Well Kolarov certainly managed it...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.