Ex Chelsea and England striker Kerry Dixon banged up

Still. My old man is 53 and he couldn't knock me off a bar stool with a punch if I was sat on it snoring. Then again he isn't a fat ****.

Depends on the person. My uncle Jimmy knocked out some bloke who started on him in a pub when he was in his 50s. The bloke could only have been in his late 20s/early 30s and was looking for trouble.

Depends on the person. My uncle Jimmy knocked out some bloke who started on him in a pub when he was in his 50s. The bloke could only have been in his late 20s/early 30s and was looking for trouble.

Totally true, my ex's old man at his retirement do, flattened some lad with one punch, who threw a punch at him and hit my ex on the arm.

Dixon is a shit house, I read about this when he was found guilty, glad he's been sent down for a cowardly attack.

what did strike me during reporting of the story was it was said in court that at his height in his career he was earning £400 pw. Doesn't seem a lot for an England striker even back then and when compared with the crazy salaries of nowadays. What were footballers on back then? I'd say that puts him probably at say 4 or 5 times the average fans weekly wage - would that mean nowadays the average fan should be on say £20k pw????

Just shows how times change

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.