Ex City Youth Players

Guidetti has scored 11 goals in only 1138 minutes in La Liga + Copa del Rey for Celta Vigo. I have been impressed by his hold up play too and he seems to have a very good career in front of him. If he was fit and given games he was always going to score goals. If it wasn't for his illness I think he would have been a City player today.

If it wasn't for his illness I think he would have been a City player today.

Definitely agree. When you look at his loan spell at Feyenoord, he was headed right to the top. Probably won't ever make it as high as he could have done, but wouldn't surprise me if he was a CL quality striker - well he could easily be in the Champions League with Celta Vigo next season.

Apparently Martin Samuelson has had a dig at City coaches in an interview in Norway.

Was he any good for us?

http://www.claretandhugh.info/samuelson-hits-out-at-man-city-coaches/

Samuelson hits out at Man City coaches
Posted by Sean Whetstone on March 1, 2016 in News, Whispers

martin-samuelsen-west-ham-300x150.jpg

Martin Samuelson has told Norwegian media that incompetent trainers with big egos often hold back talented players such as himself. His comments are thought to be a dig about his time at Manchester City’s Academy before joining West Ham.

“Many young talents have the same style of play as me, but it is whittled away at the early age of what I would call incompetent trainers.” Martin Samuelsen told NRK Sports.

“I have one opinion, others have a different opinion but my opinion is that there are too many who are not allowed to express themselves. The team is more important than one player but if you have a player who can help you win games by using a skill such as dribbling, it is worth it’s weight in gold.”

“Many people say that players have big egos, but there are some coaches out there who have far greater egos, and who can not cope with that individual players are stealing attention from the collective and their philosophy

The arrogance in those quotes is astounding. That last line basically says "I was too good and the coaches didn't like that cos they didn't want me stealing their limelight"........

He did fuck all for our 18s. If he had shown moments of magic his questionable work ethic would've perhaps been glossed over, but he didn't. Those quotes explain a lot though. Such a HUGE ego there. Talented, clearly, as all our 18s kids are, but fuck me that attitude is so OTT. You'd never hear anything like that from Garcia or Brahim. And the dribbling stuff is utter bollocks. Sancho, Dilrosun, Brahim, Nmecha, Dele-Bashiru, Buckley, Barker, Nemane, Boadu, Celina.... just a few of the many, many players across our academy that dribble. The idea that they can't is nonsense.

Thrown is toy's out of the pram the soft twat.Like twosips say's there are plenty of players who are allowed to express themself's.

That is one of those quotes where the player is saying something nobish while trying not to come across as a nob. Reading between the lines he thinks he would be a better player if he was allowed to do what he wanted at youth level. Nice one.

Apparently Martin Samuelson has had a dig at City coaches in an interview in Norway.

Was he any good for us?

http://www.claretandhugh.info/samuelson-hits-out-at-man-city-coaches/

Samuelson hits out at Man City coaches
Posted by Sean Whetstone on March 1, 2016 in News, Whispers

martin-samuelsen-west-ham-300x150.jpg

Martin Samuelson has told Norwegian media that incompetent trainers with big egos often hold back talented players such as himself. His comments are thought to be a dig about his time at Manchester City’s Academy before joining West Ham.

“Many young talents have the same style of play as me, but it is whittled away at the early age of what I would call incompetent trainers.” Martin Samuelsen told NRK Sports.

“I have one opinion, others have a different opinion but my opinion is that there are too many who are not allowed to express themselves. The team is more important than one player but if you have a player who can help you win games by using a skill such as dribbling, it is worth it’s weight in gold.”

“Many people say that players have big egos, but there are some coaches out there who have far greater egos, and who can not cope with that individual players are stealing attention from the collective and their philosophy
That's just a Hammers fan 'presuming' that he's talking about City, unless the lad himself states that I'll not lose any sleep over it.

The arrogance in those quotes is astounding. That last line basically says "I was too good and the coaches didn't like that cos they didn't want me stealing their limelight"........

He did fuck all for our 18s. If he had shown moments of magic his questionable work ethic would've perhaps been glossed over, but he didn't. Those quotes explain a lot though. Such a HUGE ego there. Talented, clearly, as all our 18s kids are, but fuck me that attitude is so OTT. You'd never hear anything like that from Garcia or Brahim. And the dribbling stuff is utter bollocks. Sancho, Dilrosun, Brahim, Nmecha, Dele-Bashiru, Buckley, Barker, Nemane, Boadu, Celina.... just a few of the many, many players across our academy that dribble. The idea that they can't is nonsense.

thanks for the info

That's just a Hammers fan 'presuming' that he's talking about City, unless the lad himself states that I'll not lose any sleep over it.

I know it's a West Ham fan, but he is quoting from an interview he gave to the Norwegian media.

It's an obvious dig at the City coaches.

It's clearly a dig at City, but who gives a fuck? Kid's obviously got an ego the size of the moon.

I saw Samuelsen in the West Brom v Peterborough game at WBA prior to the replay and was fully aware that he had been at City. He was awful in that game, every time the ball came to him it bounced off him and he looked extremely shakey.

Fair play to him for the performance in the replay that brought a lot of attention to him. He clearly has decent potential and some players need that sort of arrogance to be successful because it's what drives them to do better, but I can't see him making it at WHU.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.