exceptional

fathellensbellend

i criticised the attacking intent v spurs last week, only fair to give credit where it's due, and mancini produced a tactical masterclass last night.

i could go through each player, but i will keep it simple and say that was a performance right out of the top drawer last night and from an entertainment point of view, as enjoyable a performance as i have ever seen.

well done city and bobby, more of the same please.

Agree. Personally, I thought Tevez and De Jong had crackers.

At the risk of having the piss taken out of me, can anyone enlighten me as to what formation(s) we played. Couldn't work it out.

tamworthblue said:
Agree. Personally, I thought Tevez and De Jong had crackers.

At the risk of having the piss taken out of me, can anyone enlighten me as to what formation(s) we played. Couldn't work it out.

4-1-4-1 i would guess, ya ya and barry certainly got in more advanced positions with de jong sitting.

the most pleasing things for me were, the quality of passing, nearly always finding a blue shirt, especially ya ya.

the willingness to win the ball back.

tevez holding the ball, without dropping to deep, he always bought city time.

milner and johnson, busy, willing and available, and obviously real quality to their play.

defensively very sound, and when called upon joe hart was fantastic.

that level of display will take city very close to the top.

one of the most solid performances ive seen from a city team....

still think we are playing well within ourselves as far as attacking goes and for me that wasnt a great attacking performance.....but with such a solid midfield and defence we neve really looked in any danger after the first couple of minutes

Looked to me like a 4-2-3-1, but with Yaya sitting slightly deeper than the standard attacking midfielder in this formation. Also looked like AJ was playing further up the pitch than Milner, almost as a second striker on the wing, the old inside forward if you will. Absolutely sublime to watch and tactical genius, as it ensured that there were never any gaps between defence, midfield and attack, meaning Tevez was never stranded and ineffectual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.