Explosions at Brussels airport

Honestly is terrorism even in the top 100 causes of death in the EU? Serious question not flippancy?

Depends how you mean really,there is accidental death and intentional,and at the moment I would say that with all the terrorism in the world these last few years,it is definitely in the top 10,never mind 100,and if you bring Turkey into the equation it will be in top 2

Honestly is terrorism even in the top 100 causes of death in the EU? Serious question not flippancy?

I doubt it - what if you allow for Charlie Hebdo, The Bataclan and today thats probably under 150 in just over 12 months. I mean I'd hazard a guess that measles and choking on food rank higher than terrorism TBH - doubt Europe is so healthy that terrorism gets into the top 100 causes of death.

She also opened the door for thousands of innocent men, woman and children who would otherwise be drowning at Sea ... The washed up body of a little boy shocked the world - when that picture circulated everyone was saying we all need to do more ... With thousands of people fleeing war torn Syria every day, what exactly should we have done ? Build a massive brick wall at all borders ?

well if that's the case we must next move on to the african children who are starving and after that and after that,world poverty will never end and pictures of innocent kids getting caught up in it will always be printed in the papers for all to see,its very sad but in my world my family come first and that's where it ends, so before you jump on your high horse and broadcast how it should be done sit back and think if you want to help these poor people maybe you should auction your house off and sell your kids toys then send them all your money, charity starts at home so just an idea if it bothers you that much

Depends how you mean really,there is accidental death and intentional,and at the moment I would say that with all the terrorism in the world these last few years,it is definitely in the top 10,never mind 100,and if you bring Turkey into the equation it will be in top 2
In the top 10 of deliberate death caused by other people you mean and I said EU not the world, Turkey a different kettle of fish as there is a quasi civil war going on domestically and a brutal war going on just by their borders.
I would suspect for the average Brit who travels In the EU it probably only just makes the top 100. Our own genes, our own lifestyle, our own or others carelessness, domestic crime, alcohol, drugs etc etc all far more likely to kill.

It doesn't take away or belittle the crime and the response needed it is just about perspective. I said it last week about a drinking and smoking friend who won't go to turkey because of fear for his life despite the fact he tries to shorten his life every day.

Rubbish - if you're going worldwide on causes of death then clearly cancer and road deaths would be in the top two but possibly not the top two. There are 30k road deaths pa in India alone - have there even been 30k terrorism deaths world wide in that time?

well if that's the case we must next move on to the african children who are starving and after that and after that,world poverty will never end and pictures of innocent kids getting caught up in it will always be printed in the papers for all to see,its very sad but in my world my family come first and that's where it ends, so before you jump on your high horse and broadcast how it should be done sit back and think if you want to help these poor people maybe you should auction your house off and sell your kids toys then send them all your money, charity starts at home so just an idea if it bothers you that much
We should absolutely when the richest 50 people own as much as the poorest 3 billion we have a world where a lot needs to be done and yes many people do much of the above, unfortunately to change the world society needs to act not just a few good Samaritans.

Was it during the school holidays?
Last time I was there people were actually fighting because they were waiting for over 45 minutes in the scorching heat and they felt others were pushing in, it was a mad scramble, people acting like an animals, just as the terrorists want us to be

yeah always Summer peak season, think the airport is much improved

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.