Extremist Islamic

The Pink Panther

The arrested men that were threatening/plotting to kill Gordon Brown, all the media are reporting that they were all linked to an extemist Islamic website.
By saying "extremist Islamic" and not just "extremist" is this not predudice?
I don't ever remember the IRA being refered to as "Christian terrorists"

Perhaps because these people were using Islam to justify their actions? Jihad and stuff. IRA bombings were kind of before my time, i don't really know the purpose behind them, was it religious?

Essentially it was about the British occupation of Ireland. Even though The people of southern Ireland were Catholic and the British protestant, it was not a religous conflict.

Infact a lot of Irish people became alienated from the catholc faith due to the churches stance on the SUBJECT.

That was a bit serious wasn't it. Lets lighten the mood.

WE ARE RICH, RICH I TELLS YOU. WOO HOO!

seems to me that if you're into Islam then you can get nicked for anything. Surfing the web, having chemistry books or just thinking about putting a rocket up some politicians arse.

pee dubya said:
Perhaps because these people were using Islam to justify their actions? Jihad and stuff. IRA bombings were kind of before my time, i don't really know the purpose behind them, was it religious?

No it was because they wanted us out of ireland i think !?

stonerblue said:
seems to me that if you're into Islam then you can get nicked for anything. Surfing the web, having chemistry books or just thinking about putting a rocket up some politicians arse.

Indeed,stonerblue.
And doubtless the Daily Mail will amend the "threat to the fabric of British society" to asylum-seekers,the travelling community,single parents,animal rights activists,the gay & lesbian community or some other minority group whenever the flames of ignorant bigotry need fanning.

stonerblue said:
It's a little unfair that Islam is being targeted by the security forces/Police for higher profile investigation etc, however I have to say I can't remember the last time we had a Buddhist fundamentalist crashing a plane into a skyscraper, or blowing up a Spanish train, or the London Underground, or a Glasgow airport etc etc etc.

It's funny how certain individuals can make fun of Heather Mills losing a leg and then accuse others of being PC for saying it's a bit out of order but as soon as colour or religion pops its head up they cry like little white boy hippies.

Banned Tosspot said:
It's funny how certain individuals can make fun of Heather Mills losing a leg and then accuse others of being PC for saying it's a bit out of order but as soon as colour or religion pops its head up they cry like little white boy hippies.

That's because there's no arm in it......................Taxi

NQT said:
Banned Tosspot said:

That's because there's no arm in it......................Taxi
Wakka Wakka!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.