Eye botox

mrtwiceaseason

Have been put forward to have botox in my eye to realign it after dodgy retina surgery has given me double vision.
Has anyone had it does it work?
Been told if they get the dosage wrong your eye is stuck in the wrong position for 3 months till it wears off
Any help /advice would be welcome thanks

I'm not a medical professional but I wouldn't personally inject a nerve poison into my eye, or let anyone else do it for that matter.

Can't you get corrective surgery?

I'm not a medical professional but I wouldn't personally inject a nerve poison into my eye, or let anyone else do it for that matter.

Can't you get corrective surgery?
From what the hospital have told me this is what botox was invented for.the cosmetic side is a spin off
They inject it into some muscles round the eye to tighten up and the eye moves in line with the loose muscles.
Don't want to loose what limited vision I've got using the prism on my glasses

From what the hospital have told me this is what botox was invented for.the cosmetic side is a spin off
They inject it into some muscles round the eye to tighten up and the eye moves in line with the loose muscles.
Don't want to loose what limited vision I've got using the prism on my glasses

Fair enough, I'd be shitting myself though! :)
Good luck.

Fair enough, I'd be shitting myself though! :)
Good luck.
I am !
I elected to have the retina surgery under local anaesthetic, didn't feel it but heard it going on as they drilled holes in my eyeball and filled it up with gas and lazered it shut

Have been put forward to have botox in my eye to realign it after dodgy retina surgery has given me double vision.
Has anyone had it does it work?
Been told if they get the dosage wrong your eye is stuck in the wrong position for 3 months till it wears off
Any help /advice would be welcome thanks

My wife has 3 botox injections in her neck every three months. Initially they said it could take a few attepmts to get the dose right but she was fine after the first injection.

Incidentally, botox is the most deadly and expensive chemical known to man.

My wife has 3 botox injections in her neck every three months. Initially they said it could take a few attepmts to get the dose right but she was fine after the first injection.

Incidentally, botox is the most deadly and expensive chemical known to man.
What I'm worried about at the moment I can just about get by,I'm terrified of getting stuck with double vision for months on end while they experiment on me .
Don't know whether to stick or twist.
Was hoping someone on here had ,had it done ?

Just googled it and found this.

http://www.allaboutvision.com/cosmetic/botox.htm#safe

Is Botox Safe for Your Eyes?

Botox is actually used to treat eye muscle problems (strabismus) and uncontrolled eyelid twitching (blepharospasm), and it was developed and FDA-approved for these uses with eye safety in mind.

Of course, precautions are necessary to prevent possible Botox Cosmetic side effects such as droopy eyelids, double vision, blurred vision, decreased eyesight, eyelid swelling and dry eyes. If you have any of these issues after an injection, report them to your eye doctor and your physician.

I'd definitely be asking plenty of questions.

Botox is actually used to treat eye muscle problems (strabismus) and uncontrolled eyelid twitching (blepharospasm), and it was developed and FDA-approved for these uses with eye safety in mind.

Of course, precautions are necessary to prevent possible Botox Cosmetic side effects such as droopy eyelids, double vision, blurred vision, decreased eyesight, eyelid swelling and dry eyes. If you have any of these issues after an injection, report them to your eye doctor and your physician.

It looks like it can cause the same problems its trying to cure,my double vision.
If it was anywhere else I'd definitely give it a go but I'm really really unsure with my eye

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.