F.A.CUP 5th round draw (Wigan [A])

£35 for the home fans, £59 for City fans, seems fair

What you get in each package is slightly different though. A 2 course meal vs a baguette, a half-time alcoholic drink, and a programme. Hmmmm, thinking about it I don't believe the former warrants paying an extra £24 for. I also notice they're doing a £50 Italian fine dining deal in Rigalettos restaurant (can't see whether match ticket is included but guessing it is) - I've been in there previously when we played them in the League Cup in 2003 and it's a decent venue.

£59 in itself isn't too bad for low-end hospitality and a guaranteed ticket in with our own fans when we know it will easily sell out but the packages have definitely been priced this way because they know the City one will almost certainly have big demand whereas the ones in the home areas may struggle to sell.

What you get in each package is slightly different though. A 2 course meal vs a baguette, a half-time alcoholic drink, and a programme. Hmmmm, thinking about it I don't believe the former warrants paying an extra £24 for. I also notice they're doing a £50 Italian fine dining deal in Rigalettos restaurant (can't see whether match ticket is included but guessing it is) - I've been in there previously when we played them in the League Cup in 2003 and it's a decent venue.

£59 in itself isn't too bad for low-end hospitality and a guaranteed ticket in with our own fans when we know it will easily sell out but the packages have definitely been priced this way because they know the City one will almost certainly have big demand whereas the ones in the home areas may struggle to sell.
It seems even more expensive when you read about it this morning having bought your ticket on Monday.
He ho, for £44 you can get a nice pie and peas and a pint at the Orwell on Wigan Pier and still have £40 change!

Meat and Potato 2 courses

Slightly inaccurate, the first course is as you say a meat and potato pie, the second is a meat and potato pie in a barm cake. In those parts it is called a 'Slappie', seriously.

Oh and i am not doing the muffin/barm debate, that is what they call it in the lost land that is Wigginn

Slightly inaccurate, the first course is as you say a meat and potato pie, the second is a meat and potato pie in a barm cake. In those parts it is called a 'Slappie', seriously.

Oh and i am not doing the muffin/barm debate, that is what they call it in the lost land that is Wigginn
i've lived in wigan all my life and never heard the term slappie??? someones pulled your plonker i think..;)

Ha ha slappie i like that going to use that from now on " make us a slappie love " ha ha

I once got asked if I wanted a smack in a chippy in Wigan looking utterly non plussed my manc cousin who lives there jumped in to explain that a smack is a scallop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.