F1 Thread - 2018 Season

Not followed it properly for a bit but i have noticed articles about McLaren doing badly with pictures of a frowny faced Alonso. Are they just a million miles off the pace or something worse?
Mclaren were a joke last season, testing didn't go swimmingly for them either with multiple issues on their car. Could be another bad season for them I reckon

There's a brilliant documentary on Amazon about McLaren last season. No holds barred jobby. They've had a lot of bad luck.

I expect Mercedes to piss it. Ferrari to have a hard mardy and threaten to leave the sport. Riccardo to get frustrated as his car losing him podiums.

Pretty much same as last season.
I actually reckon Ricardo could do well this season, impossible to say from testing but from what's been said around the sport Red Bull might be up their with Merc and Ferrari

Can’t remember mate. Just remember an article about it that Samuels did in the Mail saying he was the last one to win without being in the constructors champion car.
Yeah ferrari won it that year with massa just a point behind which led up to one of the most dramatic F1 moments in this:
Since then it's basically been constructor winner= one driver of that team will win.

constructors is normally a strong indicator but isn't conclusive. You could argue that Vettel really should have won last year but lost his head and the technical issues then flared up, but the Ferrari was more consistently quick across tracks. Plus Kimi is absolutely useless so doesn't really help in a constructors fight. In 2009 Brawn had a much faster car in the first half of the season and Button won 6 of the first 7 races, but then Red Bull caught up and overtook them and Button hung on to win the title despite 0 wins and only 2 podiums in the last 10 races. I think you could also argue whether Vettel had the fastest car in a couple of his title wins.

constructors is normally a strong indicator but isn't conclusive. You could argue that Vettel really should have won last year but lost his head and the technical issues then flared up, but the Ferrari was more consistently quick across tracks. Plus Kimi is absolutely useless so doesn't really help in a constructors fight. In 2009 Brawn had a much faster car in the first half of the season and Button won 6 of the first 7 races, but then Red Bull caught up and overtook them and Button hung on to win the title despite 0 wins and only 2 podiums in the last 10 races. I think you could also argue whether Vettel had the fastest car in a couple of his title wins.
You make a fair point, there isn't really a way to measure the fastest car overall if it isn't blindingly obvious. Pole positions is also a good way but hamilton is a machine when it comes to qualifying whereas vettel and hamilton seem to be close in general racing

You make a fair point, there isn't really a way to measure the fastest car overall if it isn't blindingly obvious. Pole positions is also a good way but hamilton is a machine when it comes to qualifying whereas vettel and hamilton seem to be close in general racing
Some cars perform better over one lap but eat their tyres in a race etc also.

Some cars perform better over one lap but eat their tyres in a race etc also.
Precisely, it's difficult to come up with a surefire way to measure overall pace of an f1 car.
For example like 2008 heikki kovalinen was a bit off the pace so you could argue that there wasn't a great deal of difference between the mclaren and ferrari that year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.