F1 Thread

but why did they hold back the stop and go the race had been stopped and enough time was taken to fix the cars in the pit lane and why did they not give it to him on the first lap when the race started again something fishy did go on and they new he was getting a stop and go but somebody held it back
Perhaps they hadn't came to their decision yet? They also had to decide whether Hamilton deserved a penalty for erratically braking or not in front of Seb, it wasn't a quick and easy decision

Perhaps they hadn't came to their decision yet? They also had to decide whether Hamilton deserved a penalty for erratically braking or not in front of Seb, it wasn't a quick and easy decision

it was easy to see hamilton did nothing wrong even with video he was turning the corner and slow and in 1st gear so that would have took 10 seconds if that vettel was trying it on and at what point does he have the right to speed up and the safety car was still out and hamilton was the leader and sets the pace also your not aloud to over take or make a move like vettel did he was level and bashed hamilton

the race control team got it so wrong and a 10 second stop and go is a joke for crashing into him hamilton what about the dangerous driving even the 3 points on his license makes me laugh and then for vettel to finish above hamilton after and he should be made to give him the 4th place back after the race its shocking by all the stewards

the only good thing is the season from now on is going to be good to watch and no corner will be given by both its now war

it was easy to see hamilton did nothing wrong even with video he was turning the corner and slow and in 1st gear so that would have took 10 seconds if that vettel was trying it on and at what point does he have the right to speed up and the safety car was still out and hamilton was the leader and sets the pace also your not aloud to over take or make a move like vettel did he was level and bashed hamilton

the race control team got it so wrong and a 10 second stop and go is a joke for crashing into him hamilton what about the dangerous driving even the 3 points on his license makes me laugh and then for vettel to finish above hamilton after and he should be made to give him the 4th place back after the race its shocking by all the stewards

the only good thing is the season from now on is going to be good to watch and no corner will be given by both its now war
See this just confirms my hypothesis, if Mercedes hadn't have royally cocked up with Hamiltons headrest nobody would have disagreed with Vettel's penalty, it cost him 30 seconds and in the end a win. Don't think most would have been happy with anything other than a chemical castration and banning from racing for life

See this just confirms my hypothesis, if Mercedes hadn't have royally cocked up with Hamiltons headrest nobody would have disagreed with Vettel's penalty, it cost him 30 seconds and in the end a win. Don't think most would have been happy with anything other than a chemical castration and banning from racing for life

yep mercedes team did fuck up big time and only themselves to blame for hamilton not winning but the rules are rules and dangerous driving is so wrong in F1 and to turn into somebody like vettel did should have a bigger punishment after the race and not just a stop and go but like i said the stop and go should have been for the crashing into the back of hamilton the turning into hamilton is a bigger punishment but over looked in my book

ask the question was hamilton car damaged yes the team worked hard to knock all the dint's back into shape at the back of the car when the race was stopped the damage to the floor of the car maybe was not right and the time was out with duck tape for a quick fix

but your question is spot on without the fuck up nothing would have been said other than the stop and go for vettel but again would the race stewards given him it in the race if hamilton did not have to stop i think it would have been whitewashed over until after the race

Fuckin hell Ancoats it appears that just like Vettel you don't you know what a full stop is!

BBC has this

Legendary former world champion Sir Jackie Stewart said: "Lewis slowed down so quickly in a very unlikely place. You have got to take that into account. That was a shock to Sebastian, and that is why he came alongside Lewis to ask 'what the hell are you doing?' What Vettel then did was to unquestionably collide with Hamilton.

"There is no room for that, no excuse for that and it is wrong. It is inappropriate behaviour. It would be very simple to put the complete blame on one man, but what initiated the bad behaviour was what happened before.

"It was totally unexpected. I am not trying to hook Lewis into this the wrong way, but that was the whole crux of what happened. Lewis put his brakes on so hard that Vettel hit him. I am not blaming Lewis for the accident but I have to say I have never seen anyone come off the throttle so quickly."

Lewis put his brakes on so hard that Vettel hit him. I am not blaming Lewis for the accident but I have to say I have never seen anyone come off the throttle so quickly."
I think I'll trust the FIA over that senile old goat.

Hamilton had done the exact same thing on the previous restart, maybe Jackie should have watched the race or listened to the stewards.

Also to give context, Stewart had previous with not having a fucking clue so I won't bow to his authority on this one:

http://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/formula...-hamilton-risking-long-term-career_63752.html

And previous with Hamilton as well, calling him a 'little ballerina' amongst other things not even 12 months ago. It's fair to say the old twat isn't Hamilton's greatest fan and would be back anyone Hamilton tussled with.

And I'd rather go with Lauda:

'It is simple,' said Lauda. 'Lewis did not brake. We looked at the data and he did not. He slowed, as he is allowed to do and Vettel was not alert to what was happening. Then Vettel did what he did. It really is not good.

'He deserved more than a 10-second penalty. This is not acceptable. Then he gets out of the car and says it is not his fault.

'He may look at it again and change his mind, but why will it have taken him so long? Lewis is unhappy. They should talk and sort it out like men. If they can't do that, it will go on.'

I think I'll trust the FIA over that senile old goat.

Hamilton had done the exact same thing on the previous restart, maybe Jackie should have watched the race or listened to the stewards.

Also to give context, Stewart had previous with not having a fucking clue so I won't bow to his authority on this one:

http://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/formula...-hamilton-risking-long-term-career_63752.html

And previous with Hamilton as well, calling him a 'little ballerina' amongst other things not even 12 months ago. It's fair to say the old twat isn't Hamilton's greatest fan and would be back anyone Hamilton tussled with.

And I'd rather go with Lauda:

'It is simple,' said Lauda. 'Lewis did not brake. We looked at the data and he did not. He slowed, as he is allowed to do and Vettel was not alert to what was happening. Then Vettel did what he did. It really is not good.

'He deserved more than a 10-second penalty. This is not acceptable. Then he gets out of the car and says it is not his fault.

'He may look at it again and change his mind, but why will it have taken him so long? Lewis is unhappy. They should talk and sort it out like men. If they can't do that, it will go on.'
Can the stewards ask to look at his telemetry to see if he braked ? Bit late now mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.