F1 Thread

Vettel knew what he was doing. Worked out well for him too. He should have been black flagged.

BBC has this

Legendary former world champion Sir Jackie Stewart said: "Lewis slowed down so quickly in a very unlikely place. You have got to take that into account. That was a shock to Sebastian, and that is why he came alongside Lewis to ask 'what the hell are you doing?' What Vettel then did was to unquestionably collide with Hamilton.

"There is no room for that, no excuse for that and it is wrong. It is inappropriate behaviour. It would be very simple to put the complete blame on one man, but what initiated the bad behaviour was what happened before.

"It was totally unexpected. I am not trying to hook Lewis into this the wrong way, but that was the whole crux of what happened. Lewis put his brakes on so hard that Vettel hit him. I am not blaming Lewis for the accident but I have to say I have never seen anyone come off the throttle so quickly."

I demand that Stewart is scourged and quite possibly beheaded for such unpatriotic behaviour (I believe from a government minister that 'patriotic' is the new buzzword for jingoistic).

I think I'll trust the FIA over that senile old goat.

Hamilton had done the exact same thing on the previous restart, maybe Jackie should have watched the race or listened to the stewards.

Also to give context, Stewart had previous with not having a fucking clue so I won't bow to his authority on this one:

http://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/formula...-hamilton-risking-long-term-career_63752.html

And previous with Hamilton as well, calling him a 'little ballerina' amongst other things not even 12 months ago. It's fair to say the old twat isn't Hamilton's greatest fan and would be back anyone Hamilton tussled with.

And I'd rather go with Lauda:

'It is simple,' said Lauda. 'Lewis did not brake. We looked at the data and he did not. He slowed, as he is allowed to do and Vettel was not alert to what was happening. Then Vettel did what he did. It really is not good.

'He deserved more than a 10-second penalty. This is not acceptable. Then he gets out of the car and says it is not his fault.

'He may look at it again and change his mind, but why will it have taken him so long? Lewis is unhappy. They should talk and sort it out like men. If they can't do that, it will go on.'

because Lauda is totally impartial?

BBC has this

Legendary former world champion Sir Jackie Stewart said: "Lewis slowed down so quickly in a very unlikely place. You have got to take that into account. That was a shock to Sebastian, and that is why he came alongside Lewis to ask 'what the hell are you doing?' What Vettel then did was to unquestionably collide with Hamilton.

"There is no room for that, no excuse for that and it is wrong. It is inappropriate behaviour. It would be very simple to put the complete blame on one man, but what initiated the bad behaviour was what happened before.

"It was totally unexpected. I am not trying to hook Lewis into this the wrong way, but that was the whole crux of what happened. Lewis put his brakes on so hard that Vettel hit him. I am not blaming Lewis for the accident but I have to say I have never seen anyone come off the throttle so quickly."
Also on the BBC F1 website:

"Hamilton was not penalised. The stewards examined data from his car and found that he had maintained a more or less constant speed, had not lifted off the throttle or braked, and had behaved no differently at that restart at that point on the track than at the other two restarts."

Vettel was completely to blame for the incident, and his reaction was out of order.

He gave his opinion which seems quite reasonably worded to me.
I assume he does know a fair bit about driving motor cars.
But his opinion is wrong. I can have an opinion that the world is flat, it's still wrong.

I refer you back to this:

"Hamilton was not penalised. The stewards examined data from his car and found that he had maintained a more or less constant speed, had not lifted off the throttle or braked, and had behaved no differently at that restart atthat point on the track than at the other two restarts."

They are the facts and they do not tally up with what he said:

"Lewis put his brakes on so hard that Vettel hit him. I am not blaming Lewis for the accident but I have to say I have never seen anyone come off the throttle so quickly."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.