F1 Thread

This has been a brilliant race but think Vettel deserved more than a 10 second penalty.

They need to find a way to make more races like this. Maybe give out half of the points midway through the race, then reset it under the safety car and give out half at the end.

it was 10 second stop go, so about 25 seconds all in all, due to trawling through the pit lane.
The commentators said that was the highest penalty they thought available.

it was 10 second stop go, so about 25 seconds all in all, due to trawling through the pit lane.

I think he should have been DQ'd, shit for entertainment but you can't do what he did.

They said that a disqualification and/or a ban for future races was the highest penalty available.

They said that a disqualification and/or a ban for future races was the highest penalty available.

I thought they'd said that was for ignoring black flags and the like?

The 10s stop/go was at the top of causing collision, which seems closer to the dangerous driving they charged him with.

I thought they'd said that was for ignoring black flags and the like?

The 10s stop/go was at the top of causing collision, which seems closer to the dangerous driving they charged him with.
No they said dangerous driving can be sanctioned with a black flag and disqualification for future races if the stewards deemed it necessary.

How would ignoring black flags lead to a black flag by the way?

Causing a collision is usually a raving incident. Dangerous driving is a whole other level up on the scale of seriousness.

What a race! this weekend was full of fireworks starting from the practice sessions all the way to the last second of the race!

As for the incident, I thought both Hamilton and Vettel deserved penalties in my opinion. It's not the first time that Hamilton did that during a safety car. Though, What a hypocrite Hamilton is really, asking Mercedes to slow down Bottas when he bemoaned Kimi Raikkonen few races ago for being number 2 driver. Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess. Vettel needs anger management courses, costed himself and the team victory there, though can see him getting in Hamilton's head right now, he will be furious how he let the victory out of his sight, ended up losing more championship points to his rival. Good drive by Lance Stroll (finally..)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.