FA Cup 5th round draw - Huddersfield Town (Away)

From the lucky ones who go I hope to hear a rousing rendition of where were you when we scored 10 !

What a day that was !
I moved over the border to work in Leeds in 1987 and at that time lived in a village between Huddersfield & Halifax. A few guys in the village pub were Huddersfield fans and I was just getting to know them around the time of the 10-1 game. I had offered a lift to Maine Road for 2 of them and they were full of what they were going to do to City. They stood with me in the Kippax and had the uncomfortable experience of having to spend the whole game with me & my mates - they couldn't even leave early as they said wouldn't have been able to find the car. Then they had me crowing all the way back to Yorkshire, and the next lunchtime in the pub.
We then played them in the FA Cup that season and with a few minutes to go I thought I was going to get a taste of my own medicine when up popped John Gidman to equalise for us right at the death. Boy, was I relieved about that.

What a day that was !
I moved over the border to work in Leeds in 1987 and at that time lived in a village between Huddersfield & Halifax. A few guys in the village pub were Huddersfield fans and I was just getting to know them around the time of the 10-1 game. I had offered a lift to Maine Road for 2 of them and they were full of what they were going to do to City. They stood with me in the Kippax and had the uncomfortable experience of having to spend the whole game with me & my mates - they couldn't even leave early as they said wouldn't have been able to find the car. Then they had me crowing all the way back to Yorkshire, and the next lunchtime in the pub.
We then played them in the FA Cup that season and with a few minutes to go I thought I was going to get a taste of my own medicine when up popped John Gidman to equalise for us right at the death. Boy, was I relieved about that.

If i remember rightly we were in the car driving home after the 10-1 game when the draw took place , in those days it was 5pm Saturday after the previous round. We ended up backwards and forwards going to the games home and away for weeks! I got corporate hospitality in the first game at Hudders, which consisted of a tour of the stadium before game, cold buffet, couple of beers and a small portable to watch grandstand on, how far we have come.

If i remember rightly we were in the car driving home after the 10-1 game when the draw took place , in those days it was 5pm Saturday after the previous round. We ended up backwards and forwards going to the games home and away for weeks! I got corporate hospitality in the first game at Hudders, which consisted of a tour of the stadium before game, cold buffet, couple of beers and a small portable to watch grandstand on, how far we have come.
Just joined this thread - so not sure if I am your wavelength - but City 10 Hudders. 1 was an evening game at Maine Road and a league game.
Was Rioch their manager?.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Just joined this thread - so not sure if I am your wavelength - but City 10 Hudders. 1 was an evening game at Maine Road and a league game.
Was Rioch their manager?.
Correct me if I am wrong.
No. It was a Saturday afternoon game and if i remember correctly Malcolm MacDonald was the Huddersfield manager at the time
Andy May -ex City of course scored the Huddersfield goal. There were 3 hat-tricks for City. Tony Adcock, David White and i think Paul Stewart with Neil McNab getting our other goal. I always remember the Huddersfield kit from that game, a yellow and black chess board design!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.