FA Cup Final 26th April 1969 Leicester City 0 Manchester City 1.

Blue5964

Updated: Thanks @Agueroooooooooooo

On This Day 55 Years Ago:

FA Cup Final 26th April 1969 Leicester City 0 Manchester City 1.

City were the last Club to win the F.A.Cup at Wembley in the Month of April:

1000007723.jpg

1969 Revisited:

Short Highlights:

Full Match:

First Final trip for me I was only 4 years old so have no real memories of the day Hopefully a few older Bluemooners will be able to share their memories of the day.

Last edited:
55 Years Ago Today City beat Leicester City 1-0 in the 1969 FA Cup Final:

City were the last Club to win the F.A.Cup at Wembley in the Month of April:

View attachment 116050

The Pathe news reel didn't show the City goal. You should post this in the Media Discussion thread to show for just how many years the media have been negatively spinning reports on us!

The Pathe news reel didn't show the City goal. You should post this in the Media Discussion thread to show for just how many years the media have been negatively spinning reports on us!
We won the European Cup Winners Cup the following year in Vienna and the match was not televised in the UK. The TV companies showed the FA Cup Final reply between Leeds & Chelsea instead.

Absolutely disgusting.

I was 8 years old and my pals dad had just bought a new colour TV when hardly anyone could afford them (especially in Harpurhey) the word must have got out about it because after ko we looked out from the living room of this terraced house and there was about a dozen people (probably neighbours) watching through the window lol
The red and black stripes looked brilliant on a colour TV.....

I didnt get to that as I had just moved to Sheffield from Denton as an 8 year old and money was tight in our house.

Got to 76 though, best day of my life.

Disclaimer : Apart from my wedding day and the birth of my 2 sons.....obviously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.