FA Cup Games 7/8/9 Jan

Oh I do love the FA Cup. City, Preston and Reading wins this weekend please x

I think the tv listings are a Feckin joke. The lower teams should have the prestige of the tv
Agreed.

So much for the "Romance of the cup."

TV picking up the big boys games for perceived higher ratings (Rags now 52 games on the trot). Yet new teams have a large curiosity following for 2 hours.

Sutton v Wimbledon is a local derby very rarely repeated.

Barrow v Rochdale would be interesting too.

There two north/south games that being on national tv would encourage "The Romance".

The romance of the FA cup appears to be lost somewhat?
If Stourbridge get any sort of a result tomorrow at Wycombe footy fans everywhere ought to be able to see the game on the TV, I might be biersed I'm Stourbridge born and breed. And City Threw and through!

Agreed.

So much for the "Romance of the cup."

TV picking up the big boys games for perceived higher ratings (Rags now 52 games on the trot). Yet new teams have a large curiosity following for 2 hours.

Sutton v Wimbledon is a local derby very rarely repeated.

Barrow v Rochdale would be interesting too.

There two north/south games that being on national tv would encourage "The Romance".
They always push this romance stuff in the early rounds then dump the smaller clubs as soon as the big boys turn up. Didn't Bradford kick off with TV a couple of seasons ago? Think they beat Chelsea then were the only 1/4 game not shown live?

TV uses the bullshit that we want to see big teams.......They really want an audience but the Birmingham, Ipswich and Sutton games would appeal more to me (obviously apart from us) than any game picked.

So they've lost me this weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.