FA CUP how would you revamp it

ancoats

my shout

if you are the winning fa cup team from the season before last say arsenal win the fa cup this season than next season in round 3 they have to defend the cup in each round meaning i.e lets say oldham beat them in round 3 then oldham are the cup holders till they lose in the other rounds then the team that beats them are the cups holders

it would be like the golden ticket draw if you get the cup holders
and if you can hold on to the cup for 3 years or 3 finals than a special gold fa cup will be made to keep forever also the uefa europa league spot would only stand for the final winners like its is now

So.......... apart from handing the cup over for a couple of weeks to Oldham (until they get beat by whoever) the winner still gets the Cup and the Europa Cup spot....

Yes, I can see that bringing the crowds flocking back........

How about revamping it by having replays 3/4 days after the original game, semi finals at neutral venues half way between each competing team, finalists receiving 35,000 tickets and only 10,000 going to ''the football family'' and the karaoke singers at the final refused entry....

Re: FA CUP how would you revamp it

FA cup winner gets champions league slot, (perhaps instead of 4th place in the league getting it)....err...but not this year.

Phill said:
So.......... apart from handing the cup over for a couple of weeks to Oldham (until they get beat by whoever) the winner still gets the Cup and the Europa Cup spot....

Yes, I can see that bringing the crowds flocking back........

How about revamping it by having replays 3/4 days after the original game, semi finals at neutral venues half way between each competing team, finalists receiving 35,000 tickets and only 10,000 going to ''the football family'' and the karaoke singers at the final refused entry....

where do i sign?

give it back to the fans, 40k tickets per club and the semi's at a neutral ground like villa park, people me included are pissed at the fa's greed passing off corporate tickets to there bum chums when the normal fans miss out

semi finals at neutral grounds

also : if a club from league 1 or lower get drawn to a premier league club the lower league club get the choice of venue ie if oldham get city oldham decide do they a take them on on home soil and maybe get upset or chase the money and play at coms

also only replays if the two clubs are in different divisions straight to pens if it an all prem tie for eg

Get shut of the League cup, then it will give the FA cup more importance with it being the only domestic cup to win.

ancoats said:
my shout

if you are the winning fa cup team from the season before last say arsenal win the fa cup this season than next season in round 3 they have to defend the cup in each round meaning i.e lets say oldham beat them in round 3 then oldham are the cup holders till they lose in the other rounds then the team that beats them are the cups holders

it would be like the golden ticket draw if you get the cup holders
and if you can hold on to the cup for 3 years or 3 finals than a special gold fa cup will be made to keep forever also the uefa europa league spot would only stand for the final winners like its is now
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0[/youtube]

I'd have a special calender could of months where the only fixtures are for the F.A. Cup. No league games or anything else apart from European games obviously. This way you don't have to worry about choosing to go to a league or cup game if your a bit skint. If it was done towards the end of the season when the weather's better that would be even better. F.A. CUP MONTH OR MONTHS! LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.