FA Cup - No QF Replays

They should abolish all replays. Increases the overall chances of upsets.
Not often or ever I disagree with your opinions GDM

The replay provides huge revenue for lower league teams especially if they get a replay at the theatre of dreams with 659 million fans (dressed as seats)

Not often or ever I disagree with your opinions GDM

The replay provides huge revenue for lower league teams especially if they get a replay at the theatre of dreams with 659 million fans (dressed as seats)
Maybe some mechanism should be devised to divide all the gate receipts more fairly aningst participating clubs, rather than based, quite literally, on the luck of the draw.

I think one off games would provide lower league clubs with a better overall chance of progression which is surely more in their interests more generally than one of their number getting a game at old trafford every other season.

Maybe some mechanism should be devised to divide all the gate receipts more fairly aningst participating clubs, rather than based, quite literally, on the luck of the draw.

I think one off games would provide lower league clubs with a better overall chance of progression which is surely more in their interests more generally than one of their number getting a game at old trafford every other season.

Make it happen GDM

But in the current climate of mega money in the game for the elite, I do in a weird like the idea of spreading the wealth (even if that means we go to York away and they come back to ours)

Let's face it money fucking talks not just in football

They should abolish all replays. Increases the overall chances of upsets.
You don't get too many upsets in the QF and what's wrong with an upset?
The cup should be a leveller for all teams in it.
What next, a Wimbledon style seeding right the way through to the final to guarantee the media's wet dream final every year of the rags v Liverpool?

I don't suppose this has been introduced because the darling of the FA had to play a sixth round replay which was delayed due to their involvement in Europe and their failed attempt at fourth?

You don't get too many upsets in the QF and what's wrong with an upset?
The cup should be a leveller for all teams in it.
What next, a Wimbledon style seeding right the way through to the final to guarantee the media's wet dream final every year of the rags v Liverpool?
My point was in relation to all rounds, which I suggest would enhance the overall chances of teams from the lower leagues getting to the quarter finals and benefitting from the associated financial windfall.

If you think the cup should be a leveller for all the teams in it, what about the lower league team getting the home tie by default? I concede, there are pluses and minuses to this suggestion.

I'm not quite sure how you've jumped from my suggestion to try and give teams from the lower leagues a greater chance of progressing with Wimbledon-like seedings. The two ideas are incongruous with each other.

Whenever someone suggests doing something differently in football, certain people seem to dismiss it out of hand, without even considering its merits. If their view had prevailed for the last 150 years, the game would be a significantly less enjoyable spectacle than it is today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.