FA Cup Q/F - Rule changes

chaddblue

I was told today that the FA have made some changes to be brought in starting this year

1) No replays - Extra time and pens on the day

2) A 4th sub can be used during extra time in the q/f, s/f and final

Is this true? Unless I completely missed it, its not been well publicised

must admit, that's the first I'd heard of it but just did a quick google and it appears you are correct on both

yes, they anounced it last year at that they were doing it from this year, though it's not well publisised, that's why I am glad we ain't a monday night 8pm kick off, that would be shite if it went to pens.

sounds a good idea, the fa cup is becoming a drain on players when there is big money involved in the other competiions. Might make Pep happier, he wants games in future to have five subs

I'd ban replays from the 3rd round. The caveat I'd have would be to allow non league teams to determine home or away advantage for their tie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd ban replays from the 3rd round. The caveat I'd have would be to allow non league to determine home or away advantage for their tie.
Don't think this is far away, a quick trial for the qf's this and next season and it'll be in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.