FA Cup QF Draw - City/Wigan V Saints

If we beat Wigan on Monday then Brighton will likely take place on April 17th/18th. Only one of 2 free midweeks we’ll have between now and the end of the season if we reach both Cup Semi Finals. Swansea would need to be moved to May 8th/9th if either or both of us reach the FA Cup Semi Final. It’s gonna be a manic end of season fixture list! Glad I’m gonna be there to witness it!

We should meeet up for a pint

The probability of the top 4 teams avoiding each other was 1 in 8 - so not as unlikely as most people seem to think -
(There is no chance that all of these draws are being fixed but if they are being fixed then for some reason they’ve decided to start fixing in our favour as opposed to against)

Add this to the league cup draw for the quarter final where the bigger 4 teams where given separate ties to set up 2 big semi finals. Only the fact United lost to Bristol ruined it.

I actually don’t think it is fixed but it is somewhat coincidental.

It does seem odd that so often the draw keeps the “big teams’ apart but I never think that’s a good thing. A last 4 of us, the Rags, the Chavs and Spuds is predictable, boring and replicates games that take place all the time. The FA Cup was always best when there was a David vs Goliath feel to it. I do think the selling of tv rights around the world is a major factor in the FA wanting to keep some of the bigger names involved.

Play Saints if we get through Saturday or Sunday then Brighton on the Wednesday.
Internationals after the QF weekend. Players will leave for training camps on Tuesday at the latest. That's why I suggested bringing the Brighton game forward. Mind you they have a QF too and City and Utd can't play in Manchester on the same day so I guess the Brighton game will be delayed and we may get a major fixture pileup headache at the end of the season.

Though we have to beat Wigan first - and that's not a given.

Last edited:
SHOULD WE BEAT Wigan, If only we could move the Stoke game from Monday 11th to Friday 9th and Play Brighton on Tuesday 12th then we could play on Saturday/Sunday and Utd/Brighton on the Sunday/Monday (one day after). Both league games are scheduled for Sky so they probably wouldn't object - it would make the end of season much easier for everyone.

If the Etihad was nominated as the venue for the CL final and we reached the final would you want the venue changed ?????

Faulty logic. The Semis and Final are held there every year. CL final changes every year. It is something everyone accepts in the CL as the chance of being advantaged by it changes every year. FA Cup and League cup every year now will benefit Spurs.

Add this to the league cup draw for the quarter final where the bigger 4 teams where given separate ties to set up 2 big semi finals. Only the fact United lost to Bristol ruined it.

I actually don’t think it is fixed but it is somewhat coincidental.
Of course they don't fix the draw - they just have bigger balls for the "bigger" teams and the instructions are simple- one big ball plays one little ball. Not rigged just a procedural issue.

Is that the "large Wembley pitch" that's slightly smaller than Brighton and Huddersfield and exactly the same size as City, Arsenal, Lower life forms, Bournemouth, Swansea, Newcastle, West Brom, Watford, Burnley and West Ham?
Actually all the same size and have been for more than a few years.

It does seem odd that so often the draw keeps the “big teams’ apart but I never think that’s a good thing. A last 4 of us, the Rags, the Chavs and Spuds is predictable, boring and replicates games that take place all the time. The FA Cup was always best when there was a David vs Goliath feel to it. I do think the selling of tv rights around the world is a major factor in the FA wanting to keep some of the bigger names involved.
But to follow your thinking, all the david vs Goliath games are happening in the quarters?

Only if they can come to an agreement with the household holding out over light issues in the bordering borough (or grease enough palms - sorry I mean convince enough people it's for the good of the community)
If Spurs can get planning permission for a stadium with an additional 25,000 seats in an area where the public transport isn't great and the entire area is gridlocked on match days I think Chelsea will overcome the objections. With or without greasing palms. - Genuine rouble grease - get it from Uncle Roman.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.