FA Cup QF Draw - City/Wigan V Saints

Don't think the FA would fix the QFs. If they had done they run the risk of having semis and final 100% less fancied clubs.

I think they were for a season or two a few years back but newer lists suggest otherwise.
There's a UEFA standard pitch size of 105m X 68m (7140 sq.m) which most clubs have adopted, but you can have smaller (100x64 is the international minimum) or larger.
Clubs that host other sports such as rugby need a longer pitch (120m for Union) which is why Hull City had a bigger pitch than most.

Last edited:
There's a UEFA standard pitch size of 105m X 69m (7245 sq.m) which most clubs have adopted, but you can have smaller (100x64 is the international minimum) or larger.
Clubs that host other sports such as rugby need a longer pitch (120m for Union) which is why Hull City had a bigger pitch than most.
I found a list of pitch sizes and only two in the Prem are 105 x 69. A load, including City, rags and Wembley etc were 105 x 68. I assumed the list was from this season as it included Brighton and Huddersfield which seemed a bit of a clue.

I found a list of pitch sizes and only two in the Prem are 105 x 69. A load, including City, rags and Wembley etc were 105 x 68. I assumed the list was from this season as it included Brighton and Huddersfield which seemed a bit of a clue.
Yes, my typo, it's 68 not 69, making playing area 7140.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories

I remember they mentioned this on the club tour I went on recently.

My opinion is it is worse for Spurs if they get to the semis, because they'll be used to a certain atmosphere and suddenly it'll be different, with the 50/50 split of fans.

Last edited:
We've had some cracking draws this season in the Champions league, League cup and Fa cup. Avoided every big team. No complaints.

Apologies if already discussed, but is there a possibility of our 1/4 final being played on Monday 19th? Or is that the start of the international break? I get that we need to take care of Wigan first.

We've had some cracking draws this season in the Champions league, League cup and Fa cup. Avoided every big team. No complaints.

That's because they are worried their little darlings might get knocked out by City
They are hoping we mess it up against Wigan or Saints

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.