FA Cup Qtr final draw - away (big shock) at Middlesbrough

Sorry to put a downer on the away draw theme, but some of you clearly have memory issues. Prior to the current 7 away draws in the FA Cup, we had 8 home FA Cup draws in a row.

pretty sure it was 5 in the FA cup alone....

pretty sure it was 5 in the FA cup alone....

12/13
5th - v Leeds (H)
6th - v Barnsley (H)

13/14
3rd - v Rovers (H)
4th - v Watford (H)
5th - v Chelsea (H)
6th - v Wigan (H)!!

14/15
3rd - v Weds (H)
4th - v Boro (H)!!

not a bad run!

12/13
5th - v Leeds (H)
6th - v Barnsley (H)

13/14
3rd - v Rovers (H)
4th - v Watford (H)
5th - v Chelsea (H)
6th - v Wigan (H)!!

14/15
3rd - v Weds (H)
4th - v Boro (H)!!

not a bad run!

Boro, Weds, Wigan, Chelsea and Watford.

Rovers was an away draw that we drew and replayed at ours, then there was the 2 wembley games then leeds and Barns. lots of home draws in that time though

Mathematically each draw stands on its own i.e. The same odds each time for home/away or drawing a particular team. Therefore it is possible to never get a home draw or the reverse. The odds to not alter one way or another because each draw is a separate event q.e.d.

Should be able to wax Huddersfield and then move right on to Brough. I'll have to keep two screens going to see Chelsea topple the Scum!

At thr moment, we're the only replay. Any chance of that being on the Beeb, or do BT get first pick (I don't have BT)?
The chance of a shock will deffo mean it'll be BBC with Lilly Savage commentating.

if it's 6 it's 63/1, if it's 7 it's 127/1, does that equate to your percentages? Either way it's huge odds and getting drawn away next season will make it 255/1!!
Same thing expressing probability as opposed to gambling odds.
Whatever happens, the next draw is still a 50% chance Home or 50% Away.

Interesting though, that the guy drawing the home team in the previous round dropped a ball back into the pot because he had "butter" fingers...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.