FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea | Sat 20 Apr 5:15pm SOLD OUT

Who do you want in the Semi Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last year after Sheff United they held a train back while it filled up, as it was only half full at departure time.

Wasn’t even the last one. So I’m pretty sure going off that, they’d hold the last one back if people were rushing back after pens.

Not even sure Avanti would get a say. Plod don’t won’t a few hundred football fans hanging around and would probably insist.
Yeah, this has happened loads of times for Wembley trips. I remember us fretting over making the last train back when we played Wigan if it went to ET and pens. Obviously Ben Fucking Watson alleviated our fears somewhat and we were back at Euston before 8.30 but I remember someone - can’t remember if it was a copper or a Virgin Trains staff member - telling us there was an extra unadvertised train reserved to leave about 15 minutes after the last official one at 9pm if it was needed.

Back in the 90s this wouldn’t have been so much of an issue as in those days the last train back to Manchester on a Saturday night was at 10pm. That said, I recall me and 3 others missing that one by about 2 minutes following a 3pm kick-off at QPR as we spent too much time in a pub 10 minutes walk from Euston and lost track of the time and we ended up kipping on the tiles at the station. After getting booted out of a club at about 3 in the morning that is!

Yeah, this has happened loads of times for Wembley trips. I remember us fretting over making the last train back when we played Wigan if it went to ET and pens. Obviously Ben Fucking Watson alleviated our fears somewhat and we were back at Euston before 8.30 but I remember someone - can’t remember if it was a copper or a Virgin Trains staff member - telling us there was an extra unadvertised train reserved to leave about 15 minutes after the last official one at 9pm if it was needed.

Back in the 90s this wouldn’t have been so much of an issue as in those days the last train back to Manchester on a Saturday night was at 10pm. That said, I recall me and 3 others missing that one by about 2 minutes following a 3pm kick-off at QPR as we spent too much time in a pub 10 minutes walk from Euston and lost track of the time and we ended up kipping on the tiles at the station. After getting booted out of a club at about 3 in the morning that is!

I seem to have it in my head that the last one was 11 O Clock not even that long ago. As recent as a couple of years ago even?

Definitely picked it up at Watford about 11.20 not that long ago. Although that was midweek not a Saturday.

Nothing on City's site over which end of Wembley we've been allocated yet.
Edit just read a little further back seems Chelsea got the West side, we've got the shit pubs :-(

Last edited:
Scheduling is brutal, which was predictable. Chelsea will be 100% fit while we’ll be on our last legs. If our game against Madrid goes to extra time we’re going to struggle. Business end of the season, don’t you just fucking love (hate) it.

Nothing on City's site over which end of Wembley we've been allocated yet.
I genuinely don’t understand the obsession with “which end are we in” at Wembley. All of the pubs near Wembley are shit. All of them. Drink near Euston/Kings Cross or anywhere else on the Metropolitan line - loads of top boozers round Farringdon and Barbican - and get the tube straight in to Wembley. On a tube 1 hour before kick off and you’re sorted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.