FA Youth Cup 2014/15 Thread

Mad Eyed Screamer

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com/news/competitions/fa-youth-cup/2015/jan/sixth-round-semi-final-draw-260115" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefa.com/news/competitions/ ... raw-260115</a>

The draw for the entire last 3 rounds of the FA Youth Cup draw was made in one go.
It is possible that City could face the rags again in the final - just as happened in 1986, when City lifted the cup for the first time.
I may be getting ahead of myself, but would love to get them (and beat them) in the final again :)

Sixth Round ties must be played by Saturday 21 February, with the first leg of the Semi-Final to be played by 7 March and the second leg by 21 March.

Dates for The Final will be scheduled once the competing clubs are confirmed.

The Sixth Round Proper draw

1 Southampton or Leicester City v Liverpool or Birmingham City

2 Sunderland or Newcastle United v Chelsea

3 Manchester City or Stoke City v Arsenal or Crewe Alexandra

4 Nottingham Forest v Tottenham Hotspur or Manchester United

The Semi-Final draw

First leg

1 Manchester City or Stoke City or Arsenal or Crewe Alexandra v Southampton or Leicester City or Liverpool or Birmingham City

2 Nottingham Forest or Tottenham Hotspur or Manchester United v Sunderland or Newcastle United or Chelsea

Second leg

1 Southampton or Leicester City or Liverpool or Birmingham City v Manchester City or Stoke City or Arsenal or Crewe Alexandra

2 Sunderland or Newcastle United or Chelsea v Nottingham Forest or Tottenham Hotspur or Manchester United.

The Final

First leg

Manchester City/Stoke City/Arsenal/Crewe Alexandra/Southampton/Leicester City/Liverpool/Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest/Tottenham Hotspur/Manchester United/Sunderland/Newcastle United/Chelsea

Second leg

Nottingham Forest/Tottenham Hotspur/Manchester United/ Sunderland/Newcastle United/Chelsea v Manchester City/Stoke City/Arsenal/Crewe Alexandra/Southampton/Leicester City/Liverpool/Birmingham City

Re: FA Youth Cup Draw - Possible City v United Final

It'd be a good advert for our new facilities if we could lift this cup.

If the rags managed to make the final giving them a hammering would be a bonus although I'd rather some did them before the final.

blue b4 the moon said:

If the rags managed to make the final giving them a hammering would be a bonus although I'd rather some did them before the final.
DO regulations about having to play the matches at the main stadium kick in for semi and final matches? If they do City should try to blow them out of the rule book and insist on playing at the Mini ETHIAD. That's of course - IF they get that far! Here's hoping, but not taking anything for granted.

[quote="blue b4 the moon"]It'd be a good advert for our new facilities if we could lift this cup.

If the rags managed to make the final giving them a hammering would be a bonus although I'd rather some did them before the final.[/quote]

According to Fatuous Hayward of the DT our team is unworthy of the facilities. Be much more in keeping with City teams to have the final, if we make it!!!!, at Hough End.

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
blue b4 the moon said:

DO regulations about having to play the matches at the main stadium kick in for semi and final matches? If they do City should try to blow them out of the rule book and insist on playing at the Mini ETHIAD. That's of course - IF they get that far! Here's hoping, but not taking anything for granted.

Considering the attendance was nearly 20,000 when we played Chelsea in the 2008 Final, playing the Final at the Minihad would not be a very bright idea.

lancs blue said:
blue b4 the moon said:

Considering the attendance was nearly 20,000 when we played Chelsea in the 2008 Final, playing the Final at the Minihad would not be a very bright idea.
Agreed. Forgot about how many attended. Who won from Arsenal and Crew and has a date been set?

lancs blue said:

Agreed. Forgot about how many attended. Who won from Arsenal and Crew and has a date been set?
It was pushed back,

MCFCReserves&Academy @MCFC_EDS_ACAD · Feb 5

The @Arsenal v @crewealexfc #FAYouthCup match has been rearranged for Thursday 19th February - so least the end of month for #MCFC 1/4 match

ColinLee said:
lancs blue said:
It was pushed back,

MCFCReserves&Academy @MCFC_EDS_ACAD · Feb 5

The @Arsenal v @crewealexfc #FAYouthCup match has been rearranged for Thursday 19th February - so least the end of month for #MCFC 1/4 match

Thanks. Good info.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.