FA Youth Cup - Leeds United

As for Sarmiento there is no doubt his quality on the ball and he loves to go forward but my god he will have to learn a lot about how to defend.Similar to Angelino in that respect and I would have Angelino ahead of him.

You're bang on about this. There were a couple of times he was either too close to Tosin or to far away and not showing for him. That's why most of the play from the back came through Oliver who has a much better understanding with his right back.

You're bang on about this. There were a couple of times he was either too close to Tosin or to far away and not showing for him. That's why most of the play from the back came through Oliver who has a much better understanding with his right back.

To be fair I think he's only just arrived hasn't he? And Tosin is usually in the EDS, so have they even played together before? You wouldn't expect much of an understanding compared to Oliver & Duhaney.

Sarmiento just arrived, we paid 200k to Espanyol for him. I'd never heard of him before last night, room for improvement but I was very impressed.

Has he got genuine pace ?

I haven't seen him at all but imo if an attacking fullback is going to have a career in a future City team, he will have to be fast.
Simple answer is no he hasn't. Not slow but not real pace. I would say not as fast as Angelino and I have seen him done for pace on occasion.

Has he got genuine pace ?

I haven't seen him at all but imo if an attacking fullback is going to have a career in a future City team, he will have to be fast.

Why? Lahm, Rafinha, Alaba are not speed merchants.

Nor was Abidal.

Guardiola doesn't need fast fullbacks based on his previous teams. They need to have the energy to go up and down all game, and being outright slow like Kolarov isn't going to help anyone, but I don't see any evidence they'd need to be speed merchants to play here.

Why? Lahm, Rafinha, Alaba are not speed merchants.

Nor was Abidal.

Guardiola doesn't need fast fullbacks based on his previous teams. They need to have the energy to go up and down all game, and being outright slow like Kolarov isn't going to help anyone, but I don't see any evidence they'd need to be speed merchants to play here.

I think City's attacking fullbacks of the future will be fast. If we are going to try & build an ideal Pep type team in the future, there is no reason for them not to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.