FA Youth Cup - Leeds United

I think City's attacking fullbacks of the future will be fast. If we are going to try & build an ideal Pep type team in the future, there is no reason for them not to be.
Fast is ideal unless the player is exceptional like Lahm but I would see the two most importand attributes needed as attacking flair and energy to be able to get up and down all match.

Fast is ideal unless the player is exceptional like Lahm but I would see the two most importand attributes needed as attacking flair and energy to be able to get up and down all match.

I always think that to be able to do those things with pace is the difference. If the aim is to build the best team possible in a Pep kind of style, I can't see why we would settle for less when we don't have to, unless a kid is the Messi of attacking fullbacks.

I would have thought we ideally want two absolute flying machines out wide especially for it to work in the Premier League. With perhaps a couple of more traditional solid fullbacks as an alternative option.

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/01/15/fa-youth-cup-leeds-u18s-2-5-city-u18s-match-report/

My report there if anyone fancies a read, but as ever, its all been said by others anyway.

I don't think Sarmiento is slow, and he certainly has an ability to burst forward past someone pretty easy, but I agree with others that he's not lightning quick. He's a year and a half younger than Angelino so it'll be interesting to see how he develops. I like him though. VERY good footballer. His touch and technique is fantastic, and it stands out too, and that's saying something when he's in a team with players who aren't exactly afraid of putting their foot on the ball. He could be one of those that ends up in another position, but I get the impression he's one of those little punts that the club will take every now and then that costs very little but could develop into something very good, and if he doesn't theyll make a small profit on at least.

Simple answer is no he hasn't. Not slow but not real pace. I would say not as fast as Angelino and I have seen him done for pace on occasion.

I think, considering his size, stature and overall growth, he's pretty quick. Especially off the mark. He looks a bit slower against some of the bigger and mature players.

However, he's clearly not fully grown and once he fills out naturally he'll be faster and over longer distances.

I know from experience, as someone who developed later, that you become a lot quicker once you catch people up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.