FA Youth Cup Squad Analysis & Preview

Thanks for that, great stuff.

It is very exciting (or will be if any of them ever get a chance, but I am hoping for a new start next season).

Thankfully most of this team is very young. A lot are just 16/17 so they've got time for the club to get it right on that front. I really like this squad though. It's crazy how much it's changed in just one year. I know that's kinda the point, but it really is so so different.

No Gunn, Maffeo, Angelino, Ambrose, Barker, Bryan, Celina etc... Not sure if Boadu will be eligible either when he's finally recovered from the injury in a few weeks.

I still think it's full of talent though. I rate a lot of them very highly, but I get the impression that next year's team will be even stronger when a few of the first year scholars (Duhaney, Nmecha, Brahim etc) are joined by the incredibly strong u16s graduates permanently (Sancho, Bolton, Campbell, Dele-Bashiru)..

Thankfully most of this team is very young. A lot are just 16/17 so they've got time for the club to get it right on that front. I really like this squad though. It's crazy how much it's changed in just one year. I know that's kinda the point, but it really is so so different.

No Gunn, Maffeo, Angelino, Ambrose, Barker, Bryan, Celina etc... Not sure if Boadu will be eligible either when he's finally recovered from the injury in a few weeks.

I still think it's full of talent though. I rate a lot of them very highly, but I get the impression that next year's team will be even stronger when a few of the first year scholars (Duhaney, Nmecha, Brahim etc) are joined by the incredibly strong u16s graduates permanently (Sancho, Bolton, Campbell, Dele-Bashiru)..

So Boadu is on his way back then ? Great.

It's going to be difficult to keep track of this lot & we are soon going to hit a bottleneck with the older ones, with none of them playing any first team football & this lot racing up behind. We really could do with a club to farm a whole bunch out to, even if it means selling them for a nominal fee, with a nominal buyback clause.

is phillip foden "spelling ",still part of the setup ,seem to remember him being highly rated ,i would imagine he is about that age

is phillip foden "spelling ",still part of the setup ,seem to remember him being highly rated ,i would imagine he is about that age
Don't worry mate. He's playing for the U16's and playing for England U17's.
I think he has got a great future with City.

So Boadu is on his way back then ? Great.

It's going to be difficult to keep track of this lot & we are soon going to hit a bottleneck with the older ones, with none of them playing any first team football & this lot racing up behind. We really could do with a club to farm a whole bunch out to, even if it means selling them for a nominal fee, with a nominal buyback clause.

Girona? NYCFC? Agree though. I'd love City to have a Vitesse kinda scenario. I get its kinda morally wrong, but i'd love it anyway for my own personal selfish reasons.

Boadu apparently isnt far off. Would love to see him back. The EDS will go up a notch immediately.

Defintely. He's one of the stars of our genuinely incredible u16s team. They were averaging something like 5/6 goals a game for the first ten games of the season. They're that good....its settled down a bit now with only wins by 'just' 4 and 3 instead cos most of their palyers are being called up as reserves for the u18s ;) ha.

Your stuff is always worth a read. If it were up to me I'd let you have your own 'sticky' - I think that's the term anyway!

Thank you mate. Appreciated! Give @Ric a shout ;)

Girona? NYCFC? Agree though. I'd love City to have a Vitesse kinda scenario. I get its kinda morally wrong, but i'd love it anyway for my own personal selfish reasons.

Boadu apparently isnt far off. Would love to see him back. The EDS will go up a notch immediately.

I think it could possibly be the case with Girona. But how many players & how long before it can happen with enough players to make it worthwhile is a question. It could take a while. NYC is likely to take one or two.

I'm wondering if anyone else is looking at this Aussie bloke being handed to Bolton as a bit odd & whether it could be the start of a relationship between the clubs, & possible academy conection in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.