Fabian Delph 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this useless twat has gotten on the bench ahead of Garcia again.

They fulfil completely different roles, Pep would never find himself choosing between the two players so I really don't understand your anger, it's just stupid scapegoating.

If he thinks he wants energy, speed and pressing he'd go for Delph, and if he wanted to control the game with possession, he'd always choose Garcia.

Not to mention Delph has never looked bad when playing under Pep, if he's on the bench he's useful.

Fabian Delph: "I’m over my injuries now and I feel really good so I’m ready to try to help out my team-mates."

Fabian Delph: "A couple of mates have said to me, ‘You’ve been linked with X, Y and Z’ but I’ve not given it any thought. I’m happy here."

Fabian Delph: "I’m over my injuries now and I feel really good so I’m ready to try to help out my team-mates."

Fabian Delph: "A couple of mates have said to me, ‘You’ve been linked with X, Y and Z’ but I’ve not given it any thought. I’m happy here."

I hope he can stay fit, he is a much more natural fit for the box to box role Zabaleta was playing in the diamond and if we are going back to high pressing then his speed and work rate will be appreciated.

There were reports earlier in the week or last week that Pep was liking what he'd seen if him since returning.

He's a good player and his attributes could prove more than handy in our set-up. He's a very good dribbler for example and that will help break down park the bus teams as he can go past a player & carry the ball between the lines. He's pretty similar to one of Pep's favourites, Thiago Alcântara, in his play style and what his strengths are, both have terrible injury records too aha.

His movements off the ball are surprisingly up there with Nasri's. What he does when he actually gets the ball is a different story entirely. Like him a bit.

Don't understand why he has had so much shit on here.

If he has a run at it & fails, then he'll probably just get quietly moved on, but playing one game in ten, then getting injured, he has had no chance to either succeed or fail, he has just not been fit, full stop. And his game requires fitness.

I don't think we can judge anything about him either way on what we've seen so far. Any player would struggle under the same circumstances.

Don't understand why he has had so much shit on here.

If he has a run at it & fails, then he'll probably just get quietly moved on, but playing one game in ten, then getting injured, he has had no chance to either succeed or fail, he has just not been fit, full stop. And his game requires fitness.

I don't think we can judge anything about him either way on what we've seen so far. Any player would struggle under the same circumstances.
Good post Nev.
Even more bizarrely,on the very rare occasions he has been able to take to the field,he has never let us down,despite his lack of match fitness.

As you say,every aspect of his best game relies on his fitness,if he can maintain such i still believe he has much to offer.He certainly deserves some luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.