Fabian Delph 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
a rodwell like signing for me, not based on football ability, purely to fill an english quota. utter waste and massively out of his depth, and will hopefully be moving on in the summer.

I think people are being a tad unfair on the fella. He's not really had an opportunity to shine. Mind you, looking at our midfield it's tough to see him starting many.

Agree with this, he has never been a playmaker but he had been a decent premier league midfielder. What he lacks now is game time and confidence but I don't see where that will come from unless we have significant injuries.

Re quotas - no such thing. We could have all foreign players if we wanted however we would only have 17 in the squad. Which is not enough so we chose to use the best English players available to fill out the squad.

though only a cameo against a tiring Huddersfield, i thought he showed some tidy touches. I really really want it to work for Delph, god knows why.

No where near good enough, he looked unreal against madrid before he got injured, but his true colours showed. I have never seen a more worse player play for CIty then delph, maybe bravo

No where near good enough, he looked unreal against madrid before he got injured, but his true colours showed. I have never seen a more worse player play for CIty then delph, maybe bravo

You obviously didn't watch us in the 90s

Delph is a great player with a lot to offer , just been unlucky with injuries. Would have made a difference if he'd played instead of say de bruyne last night- call it hidnsight if you want but his tenacity and focus would have been really handy i reckon.

Imo Delph is a very technical underrated player. His technique his brilliant but I feel that he doesnt have a very good football brain when he's on the ball. He's not smart enough to play in a possession oriented team which is a shame as I think he is a really good player otherwise.

Wilf, Navas, Savic ? I don't think Delph is a poor player, maybe he's just not technical for Pep's midfield, I however believe Pep can get something out of Delph- perhaps convert him to a full back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.