Fabian Delph 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like people have said, if he stays fit he stays in the team. Thought he was very good again today, has the legs to help out at both ends of the field. You could tell he was buzzing today, good to see him trying to get the crowd going after the 3rd goal as well.

Two impressive games.

Liked his post match interview. You can understand why he captained Villa. He wasn't happy with the team slacking off and getting sloppy in the last 15 and wouldn't blame Bravo for goal conceded.

Two impressive games.

Liked his post match interview. You can understand why he captained Villa. He wasn't happy with the team slacking off and getting sloppy in the last 15 and wouldn't blame Bravo for goal conceded.
Agreed,he's a natural leader.It's hard to find fault with his attitude and application.

Thought he played very well. In terms of retention, it might come down to him v Mooy, as they are both homegrown and play similar positions. Mooy is technically a better player, but it's still a tough call.

I think if he maintains this form then he'll keep his place in the squad next season. Fair play to him, he's not complained when not selected but bided his time and is now getting the rewards. His nationality obviously works in his favour, but you get the impression he's a popular member of the squad too.

He looked quite good before he disappeared, he looks quite good again now he's back.

ticks the shoot on sight box we are missing, he's hungry, a bit nifty and the players celebrated like they want him in the team.

good luck fella

I think if he maintains this form then he'll keep his place in the squad next season. Fair play to him, he's not complained when not selected but bided his time and is now getting the rewards. His nationality obviously works in his favour, but you get the impression he's a popular member of the squad too.

I'd keep him ahead of Nando and if Yaya, as expected, leaves, we can potentially keep Delph and add a couple of players to the central midfield options. There's Garcia and Mooy to consider plus we need to sign a top class pivote / DM so Pep will need to make a decision over Delph but the lad has done his chances no harm this week. Doing so well against the Champions Elect was a great sign and it's about showing consistency if he gets the opportunities.

I called for him to start after the Chelsea game, and on the evidence yesterday he should be first name on the team sheet for that role until he gives a reason not to be. That's two very good games.

I wanted us to sell Fernandinho end of season to recoup some cash on him(I just don't think he gives us enough these days) but never thought Delph even came into that discussion. I think if Delph plays like this until end of season, selling Dinho and keeping Delph is a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.