Fabian Delph 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A crock and on the few occasions he has played has never looked good enough. If we are ever going to reach the top level in world football signings like Delph should never happen for us.

I'd rather give a young player a chance and send Delph out on loan or sell him. He had a very poor season overall in my opinion.

First of all, I feel for him. He seems to be a good dude. BUT....

how did he even make the England team? If anything I'm bias toward him being included when maybe he shouldn't but I really don't think he's good enough to play at the International level. It's questionable (to me at least) if he can play at a high level in the PL. I wouldn't put him anywhere near a CL starting XI.

When you look at some of the players across Europe/N+S America who were not selected to their national teams this summer for the Euros/Copa, it really makes you question what is going on with the England side. I haven't seen who was selected for any country other than France and England, but when players like Delph are being picked to play for England, and players like Lacazette and Ben Arfa can't make the 23 man roster for France (even without Benzema) it shows the gulf in class between Les Blues and the Three Lions.

At the same time, France may be the best team at the Euros in my opinion. I think they'll win it. Still can't believe Dechamps or whatever his name is didn't select Lacazette. From what Ive seen that guy is a monster.

Nothing against the guy personally, he's just a pro trying to do the best for himself and his family and he doesn't chose to be injured or lacking in ability.

But it really begs the question what on earth was the club thinking of buying this guy? It's not like it's the first time we pissed millions down the pan on players who clearly are not ever going to be anything other than backup squad players AT BEST, and probably not even that useful. We have pissed so much money away on rubbish, it's scandalous.

Nothing against the guy personally, he's just a pro trying to do the best for himself and his family and he doesn't chose to be injured or lacking in ability.

But it really begs the question what on earth was the club thinking of buying this guy? It's not like it's the first time we pissed millions down the pan on players who clearly are not ever going to be anything other than backup squad players AT BEST, and probably not even that useful. We have pissed so much money away on rubbish, it's scandalous.
I know this may seem nitpicky but can we stop referring to people as "rubbish"? It's one thing describing a performance or mentality of a player as rubbish, but referring to them outright as such just doesn't sit well with me.

Delph may very well not be of the required standard for our aspirations but he is not the sentient biological manifestation of garbage.

Beyond that semantics point, I actually think he has the potential to be a very useful squad player (which we need—we can't sustain a squad full of superstars) but I believe the injuries have taken a toll. He may be able to recover but, if he cannot, he was still one of the lowest cost signings since the take over and, by all accounts, is well liked by the other players (which helps out overall team morale) so we haven't really lost much with this transfer. For that reason I am a bit perplexed by some of the rather harsh comments made towards in on Bluemoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.