Fabian Delph 2017-18

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Gaudion M, 27 Aug 2017.

1. MCFC_4Heatons

MCFC_4Heatons

Well when he plays looks very good and u would think his fitness/energy suits Pep. He got MOTM in one game I remember he looked very good. Not sure whats going on with him and is he injured most of the time or just not selected? Is there something else going on we dont know about?

2. mccity

mccity

Thread Killer
    I wouldn't be overly surprised if we actually saw Delph feature somewhat this season, providing he's not injured constantly. In fact, he might even make a decent backup LB if we need him to.

3. jaigurugoat

jaigurugoat

xvideos content vetter
    If he stays fit he's a very useful player as shown when he played towards the end of last season. He plays a position where we are desperately short as well as Dinho is not the player he once was.

4. mdj0520

mdj0520

Its a big "if" I know, but since he is still here, if he can stay fit he could be a valuable squad member. The left wing back position that Sane has struggled in seems perfect for him, even left back. Good work rate, decent in the tackle, more intelligent and technical than many give him credit for, and a decent passing range as well. We are thin at left back and holding mid - Delph (IF he stays fit) should be knocking on Pep's door asking to be involved at LWB.

5. Tevez City

Tevez City

Not disappointed that he stays, hopefully he will be given a chance.

6. Cityfan

Cityfan

My memory may be hazy but I seem to remember a couple of run outs at LWB when he was pretty poor, though I agree he should have the attributes for that position.

7. super_city_si

super_city_si

One thing he does is shoot from range and he has a pretty good shot. I'd be tempted to try him in the fern role against the lower teams

8. Dipsis_LTU_MC

Dipsis_LTU_MC

He'll rot on the bench unless Yaya or Dinho gets injured.

9. pudge

pudge

He won't mind either.

10. Gabriel

Gabriel

Should he be on the bench?