Fabian Delph 2017-18

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Gaudion M, 27 Aug 2017.

1. VinceYoungisaBLUE

VinceYoungisaBLUE

Always liked Delph and what he brings to the team. I wouldn't have minded either way if he stay or went, but when he's been used, he's been good.

Agree with the LWB role, it has a chance of working.

He honestly couldn't do much worse than Fern has done thus far, and I say this a big fan of Fernandihno and his qualities. Just has not looked good recently.

2. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

I think, if Pep really doesn't fancy Yaya at the moment, give Fernandinho two or three more games to sort himself out and then give Delph a go. I remember him looking very good at Chelsea and home to Hull last season, including scoring a lovely goal.

3. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

Honestly it's hard to believe that Delph is still in our side.

He has enough potential that he could become pretty good, starting regularly for a P/L side.

But I just don't see any scenario whatsoever that he will crack our lineup - we're massively deep at mid. The best Delph can hope for is game time in some ties we're not interested in winning or last minute appearances in games we've already run.

Delph deserves much more than this - hope he's traded/loaned to a side that actually wants to start him.

4. sir baconface

sir baconface

GPC, FOC and bar
  5. mccity

mccity

Thread Killer
    Surely Delph has to look at how weak England are at CM and be motivated to work as hard as ever to make that side.

Never has an England side been so weak and devoid of quality. Things might change though so he should be on it!

6. pee dubya

pee dubya

________
    Does he deserve more? He chose to stay, pick up his wage and maybe get the odd cameo, rather than drop back down a level to Stoke and play regularly.

Of course he's entitled to do that, since he signed a contract, but it doesn't make me feel sorry for him if he doesn't get any game time.

7. WallyA

WallyA

I have to believe he stayed to try and break in and prove he can be valuable, maybe he stayed for the wage, but I think he is atleast a good player that Pep should try and find a use for. For example, Mendy is our only LB and we are screaming for backup in that position, why can't he use Delph there? I don't trust the notion that well Pep knows best because he can see what we can't in training, because it took him a whole year to realize Sterling works best when attacking through the center.

8. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

So if you said 6 months ago that Delph would get sub'd on when Gundogan and Sane were on the bench and Yaya hadn't made the squad you would have been laughed at!

The game was done by the time he came on but I think the real talking point is that he got on!

I have a suspicion Pep really likes him.

9. Dipsis_LTU_MC

Dipsis_LTU_MC

Pep admires him for his work-rate and energy. He's got quite a good passing ability as well.

10. rowarta

rowarta

will continue to be important squad player, I suspect he'll come on and do the Fernando role like last season, playing last 5-10 mins to close out games.