Fabian Delph 2017-18

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Gaudion M, 27 Aug 2017.

1. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Football..
    Yeah i remember Delph as being one of,if not the,most highly rated young footballers in the country a good few seasons back.Those plaudits would not have been based purely upon his energy or stamina,but his all round footballing excellence. As some others have said he always looked a very solid ,dependable player at Villa,but i am not really suprised he has shown good technical ability and that he looked composed and disciplined in Naples.i always had the impression that would be his sort of match.stick to the game plan,and relentless movement,and obdurate oppenent away from home in a hostile atmosphere.
    Very pleased for the player.

2. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

Calf injury according to Pep today. Hopefully it's just precautionary to get him out of international duty, but he looked in proper discomfort at the final whistle on Sunday, so wouldn't be a surprise if he's out for longer. Rotten luck given how short we are at left back and how well he'd been playing personally

3. domalino

domalino

According to Pep? Why's he been speaking to the media today?

4. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

So says the MUEN I’m told

5. domalino

domalino

I think England just announced he pulled out with Sterling and Henderson, no word from City yet as far as I know.

Hopefully just the same as last time for Delph.

6. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

Just checked. No direct quote from Pep. Just Delph has been pulled out of England squad due to a calf injury. Hopefully it’s nothing

7. Alan Oakes Shinpads

Alan Oakes Shinpads

Just watched Tunnel Cam and Fabian walks up the steps normally after the game which hopefully is a good sign

8. jimharri

jimharri

Occasional idiot
    Considering he's from the land that time forgot (along with the Barnsley Beckenbauer), he's not bad, is he?

9. Easy

Easy

A major bargain. Didn’t we get him for £8m??

Fitness has been his only issue the quality was always there.

10. Father Paul

Father Paul

Already paid back the eight mill with interest. Still injury prone and may be out for a month or more which could cost us. We need to get cover in the window but this guy is putting in 50 mill performances so a an alternative will not come cheap,