Fabian Delph 2017-18

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Gaudion M, 27 Aug 2017.

1. Andouble

Andouble

Yes he was. Great surprise to see him start tonight and excellent performance to top it all off.

2. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Economist
    Very good tonight. A little rust here and there but some of the tackles he put in, including two I counted that were last ditch challenges stopping dangerous moves on the edge of our box, were outstanding.

3. bumbleblue

bumbleblue

I can’t get over what a season he has had, so far. £8 mill what a bargain.

4. lasereyes

lasereyes

Just needs to stay fit ... on the field, he is a class act.

5. shemnel

shemnel

me and a mate had an argument that players like Delph shouldn't move to clubs like City for their own sakes; they're not going to play much, probably impact their own career at both club and country level (and may be seen by some to be money grabbers).

I countered and said 'surely if you want to be the best player you can be you should take a plunge at trying to break into an XI like City or Chelsea etc'. Even if you barely play, you still tried. And anyway, what's wrong with a big pay cheque if that club rates you?

Turns out it took 2 seasons of looking not that likely for Delph, then an injury situation which thrust him into an unfamiliar position. I wonder how many players who have been judged to have made the 'wrong career move' have been written off too early? suppose there's no way of knowing.

hats off to the lad, honestly, hats off.

6. mccity

mccity

Thread Killer
    Absolutely. Any player with a mentality that says that it might not be worth it because they won't get too many games is not a player who would ever have made it at a big club at all.

7. BigOscar

BigOscar

Absolutely brainless challenge that's cost us the FA Cup and cost him his Carling Cup final.

Maybe a 50/50 red, but to put in that kind of challenge at such a pointless time of the game in such an unthreatening situation is bordering on unprofessional. I imagine Pep will give him a proper bollocking for it as it's cost us big time, both in this game and in the next 3.

8. 01cravend

01cravend

9. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

Stupid challenge, but it’s unfair to send him
    off considering the challenge on aguero was worst.

10. City health warning

City health warning

Shouldn't of given the ref the opportunity but the earlier challenge on Kun should of been a sending off as well.