Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems like a good guy, but it's clearly time for him to move on. His injury record hasn't helped of course, but his chances would be extremely limited if he were to stay this season. A move to someone like Stoke or West Brom would make sense all round.

Last edited:
He seems like a good guy, but it's clearly time for him to move on. His injury record hasn't helped of course, but his chances would be extremely limited if he were to stay this season. A move to someone like Stoke or West Brom would make sense all round.
I agree Ric largely due to his presence will impact the time Foden and Diaz are included in the match day squads. Alas I think - based on his previous transfers - that Fabian believes he should be at a club that has high aspirations. I suspect he will hang around until deadline day or beyond because of this. Nice enough fella but not good enough for where we are heading.

It's impossible for him to adapt to Pep's way of playing, if he is injured after every game he actually gets on the pitch, which seems to be the case. When he gets fit, he's at the back of the queue, then he eventually gets on after a while, sometimes does ok, but then is out for a month injured & goes to the back of the queue again.

His career at City, has never even started & it seems he's now further away from the team than ever.

It's impossible for him to adapt to Pep's way of playing, if he is injured after every game he actually gets on the pitch, which seems to be the case. When he gets fit, he's at the back of the queue, then he eventually gets on after a while, sometimes does ok, but then is out for a month injured & goes to the back of the queue again.

His career at City, has never even started & it seems he's now further away from the team than ever.

Shades of Jack Rodwell?

He is like a lot of good young English players who's careers have been blighted by injury. On a couple of occasions he has shown he can do a decent job for us but is then back on the treatment table. Foden and Diaz look ready to push him further down the pecking order now.

Don't think he really occupies the same position as Foden or Diaz but he's just not been reliably fit.
Being here will not be helping his career or our performance.
I wish him well elsewhere.

Very good player but had two flaws:

1- Injury record
2- He didn't cost +50 Million to be praised and respected

I think Delph is great player to have if he can just overcome his injuries.

He didn't cost 50 million as he isn't very good. Poor signing.

Shades of Jack Rodwell?
They could be one and the same really. I like him too, but as we only see him 4 times a season its a waste of a squad place I'm afraid. Didn't cost us much, so we should just pay his contract up, and let him find a club.

Oh and one other thing don't buy another player of this type just because they are "homegrown", we might as well have offered Clichy another year, at least he was generally fit to play games or be on the bench.

He didn't cost 50 million as he isn't very good. Poor signing.
Think it depends on what you mean by very good. He's no worldy but had he been fit I think he would have had more game time than Fernando, he has better ball skills and is faster, he's not a bad passer of the ball and can shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.